November 14, 2008

Ladies Night


This past Wednesday November 13th, I met some great ladies for dinner at Sage Wine Bar in Mendota Heights, MN. It's a nice, small, place to meet friends (though the sudden appearance of a band made me rather cranky!). I think most of us in the group had been there before-sometimes with each other!

You could possibly call this a blognic but only two of us are bloggers. You could call this a Ladies Argument of the Month club but no one was arguing. Or, you could just call it a good time with great company! It was that.

The dinner party was Swissy, Bede, L and I. Adoro was invited but I can't believe she's too busy to fit one more thing in! I mention the invite was extended to her because I don't want any of Adoro's fan base to think I dissed her and fly in from Ohio and kick my behind! LOL!

My dinner. A medium New York Strip-cooked to perfection. The other side of the table: Bede and Swissy like their meat deader than dead. I like to know that mine lived once.

More photos:




Here's a photo that brings a tear to my eye! Swissy and I with a Special Guest!

16 Comments:

Blogger Vincenzo said...

LOL @ the monkey pic. Hilarious ("Looter Guy" must have shown up. ;)

"My dinner. A medium New York Strip-cooked to perfection."

Yum! I like mine cooked medium.

November 14, 2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I had the steak kebobs burnt to perfection :) Glad you could join us monkey man!!

November 14, 2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

that last one is a hoot- we recently saw "Mr Magorium's Magic Enporium" and Nathan is now infatuated with sock monkeys! :D

NEXT time you'll have to meet a wee bit later so I can come up and join you!

November 14, 2008 7:53 PM  
Anonymous L said...

I just come for the whine...oops I mean WINE!! :)

November 14, 2008 9:44 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Well, THANKS for inviting me, Cath. Despite the fact that no boys were allowed, I was expecting at least an invitation.

:0)

November 14, 2008 10:37 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

OK...now you made it look like I dissed YOU! Unfair!

Now, remember...I work for the CHURCH, which means that not only do I not make a living wage, but I have to work EVERY FREAKING WEDNESDAY!

I hate working an irregular schedule.

* sigh *

OK...I'm going to bed. It's a class weekend and 5 am comes very dark.

Glad y'all had fun! Wish I could have been there, too.

November 14, 2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Argent said...

A Heineken-drinking sock monkey! Smart monkey.

BTW, I like my steak so red you can still hear it moo.

November 15, 2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Cathy - COULD you be any CUTER?! I think not! Great photos!

November 15, 2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Vin: I know! Looter Guy likes to show up and spread his happiness everywhere-even with beer he didn't pay for! :-)

Chris: Yep.

L: It was remarkably free of whine! I'm glad.

Tom: If I thought you'd fly all the way in from Vegas, I would've invited you!

Adoro: I'm sneaky like that. *meow* Luv ya! :-)

Argent: LOL!

November 15, 2008 12:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: You realize I'm NOT the Sock Monkey, right? :-)

November 15, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

rofl

November 15, 2008 5:09 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

You're not?? Darn. I was thinking the same thing Angela was......only kiiiiiiding!

Looks like a pretty wild night to me. All you out of control women in one place.

November 16, 2008 12:07 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

ROFLMAO!!!! And here I was going to tell you how warm and fuzzy you look!

BTW, next time you have one of your little soirees you need to invite me in time to catch a flight!

November 16, 2008 9:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adrienne: I know! CATHOLIC women too-Magisterium faithful CATHOLIC women! Watch out!

Angela: Ok, next time you and Tom in Vegas are SO invited!

November 17, 2008 6:19 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

(pretending not to be jealous)

Wow, looks like you had a nice time.

(really pretending not to be jealous)

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

November 19, 2008 4:43 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Crazy Mama: If it makes you feel better I thought of you. If I think of AOTM at all! I think of you! Next time....

November 19, 2008 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page