October 07, 2008

Where You Been?

Other possible titles for this post:

How I Spent My Summer Blog Break-You Care and You KNOW It!!!!

Stats? I don't need no stinkin' stats!

What's Wrong With Me (A Epistolary Novel in 30 Volumes with Commentary and Rebuttal by Terry Nelson)


Before my summer blog break I listed these as my goals. How'd I do?

Look for a new job -- still looking

Bike! -- barely fit any in like I can barely get into my biking clothes

Spend one hour/week in Adoration -- good news here. I dropped my weekly designated Adoration hour earlier this year. I picked it up again over the summer and I still have it. I'm so glad I did. I missed the quality time with the Lord. I realized just how much I missed it when I picked it up again. It does me a world of good to spend one hour each week in contemplative silence with Jesus. If you do not spend any time in Adoration, I can't recommend it enough. I can't even explain what the benefits are to me spiritually. There are no words adequate enough.

Finish reading the saintly writings I never have time for --well, I finally finished a couple of works by St. Teresa of Avila and St. Augustine. I'm still trying to find time to finish St. Francis de Sales' Introduction to the Devout Life. Sometimes, I miss my college days, when ALL I had time for was reading. Then, I remember that in college I had no time for the Lord and I'm content with where I am now.

Mass and Confession -- Yep, did both A LOT!

Pray - I joined the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary. Vincenzo was instrumental in evangelizing me to join. Know this: Vincenzo is more than just a photoshop genius.

Make peace with my neighbors -- bad, real bad here. We are no longer speaking to each other. For various reasons, I have had to report them to the authorities (police, animal control, child protection) more than once after speaking with them did nothing. They know it was me who has reported them. I have a bad feeling about them. Please pray for this whole situation. Thanks.

I'm glad I took the summer hiatus and I don't regret the frequent breaks I've had to take lately. Because of my Grandmother's death, I've had to cling closely to my family and I always need to make sure the blog is not replacing my life in Christ. I'm sad to say that sometimes I can see that it is and then I need to back away for a while.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Hope you are able to smooth things out with your neighbors. People can be so difficult some times.

October 07, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

So THAT'S why you're looking forward to hanging out with Fuzzy-butt while I'm in Cinci! (Nice dog, quiet house, decent neighbors...just avoid the one...and a couple blocks away from Jesus!)

Glad my house can be a refuge!
:-)

Um...I still have to call Sandy to see if she can take T. for Monday/Tuesday. And make sure shot records, etc. are in order...so much to do before I go!

October 07, 2008 9:28 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I read your blog every day - I never noticed you were gone... LOL!

I'm a Rosary Confraternity member too!

October 07, 2008 10:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: Not sure it can be done but I'm praying on it.

Adoro: True. AND Fuzzy is so dear to me as are you! :-) Get all that stuff done! :-)

Terry: Rosary Confraternity member? Of course, you are.

October 08, 2008 6:39 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, I'm not a confraternity member, but I'm getting better at saying my rosary daily.

October 08, 2008 7:39 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cathy - nothing is wrong with you. You are like an angel.

October 08, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I donno how I forgot this - but the post might havee been titled: "Baby got back!" "Uh huh! She sho did! Um umh - she deid!"

October 08, 2008 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Cathy,
So-o-o glad you're back! I've missed your wonderful posts. Hope to see you soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

October 08, 2008 9:34 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

OMGosh - Someday allow me to tell you about MY neighbors (not Father Bill - I have him trained) It's "Those that Rip up Road" on the other side. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!

October 09, 2008 1:01 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adrienne: 4-wheeler or off-roading folks?

L: HI!

Terry: Thanks for taking the opportunity to talk about my large posterior region! LOL!

Ray: You should join!

October 09, 2008 6:19 AM  
Blogger Argent said...

Well, it was nice to be on blogging break with you on FB.

October 14, 2008 8:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Argent

October 14, 2008 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page