October 06, 2008

Holy Card Meme


Updated: Chris created a Holy Card for me! She's so talented. If you are not reading her blog, you should be! Thanks, Chris!

Adoro tagged me for this meme. I'm sure at this point she thinks I did not notice because I don't read her blog anymore! Not true. Just too busy this week to read much of anything. You should see the huge stack of newspapers and magazines that I subscribe to that are just sitting in my living room magazine rack waiting to be read!

What picture do you think would be on your Holy Card if you were to be canonized, and of what would you be the Patron Saint?

Hmmmm....let's imagine for a second that I have even the remotest chance for canonization....*clouds roll in, thunder claps, hell freezes over, pigs are flying*

Patron Saint of Priests Suffering from the Fruits of the L.A. Religious "Education" Conference

My holy card would have a heavily idealized photo of me at my best (slimmed down, hair under control) standing next to a beleaguered looking, weeping priest who is viewing a liturgical dance in front of a wicker altar with glass pitchers holding the Blood of Christ (the Blood consists of Kool-Aid packets and water). A band including electric guitar, bass, acoustic guitar, and full drum set is providing the music.

I'm standing next to the electrical outlet box with my hand raised ready to cut the power. My other hand holds a copy of the Mundelein Psalter. A Rosary is at my waist. I'm standing on the broken body of the Liturgy Coordinator. Kool-Aid, by my summons, is busting thru the near wall to reclaim his packet and electrocute the band straight into oblivion by dousing them with his contents.

Glad you asked?

Cathy of the Raging Sinus Headache. Pax vobiscum!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sorry about your headahce Cathy. Maybe I can Photoshop-up a holy card for you- if Vincenzo doesn't beat me to it!
Hey, do you have plans this Saturday eve? I will be in town for Mass, maybe we can meet there or get together afterward? email me ;D (I'm @ work and don't have your address here...)

October 06, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Chris: I just sent you an email. Not sure I'll be in town this weekend but if I am I'd be interested in seeing you again!

October 06, 2008 10:25 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That's sounds a bit like my parish is becoming.

We went out for hamburgers 2 weeks ago after Mass with our "other" parish priest who just turned 80.

We were explaining to him (in a very nice way) why we were coming to his 6pm Mass (no choir at all - he leads the singing), no hand holding at Our Father, quiet time and more reverence, and on and on. We told him we couldn't stand the horrible music and constant noise.

He looked at us and said, "don't you have a "normal" Mass at St. George's?" Now isn't that a sad thing for a priest to say?

The faithful should not have to search for a "normal" Mass....

Get rid of that headache - you poor thing!

October 06, 2008 12:07 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Off topic - I have had two sinus surgeries and have suffered from sinus problems all of my life.

First piece of advice - have you had your furnace inspected and have you cleaned your filters - if you have forced air heat.

Then - take Musinex once or twice a day - a tablet that creates mucus. And then use saline sprays - non-drug sprays that irrigate your passageways - several times throughout the day. Your headaches will go away. - Drink lots of water too.

Dr. Feelgood

October 07, 2008 6:33 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Dr. Feelgood: Yep, I do all that. I probably could stand to have my furnace filters changed and I can vacuum out some of the registers.

Sometimes, I just know its a cold and this is one of them!

Thanks, Ter!

October 07, 2008 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page