September 04, 2008

Some Enchanted Evening...Life with the RNC

My out of town relatives and buddies have been asking me this week what the impact of hosting the Republican National Convention has been on my life. It's great being the host city but the impact on my daily life is minimal. It would probably be different if I worked in downtown St. Paul where I've heard there are cops in riot gear all over the place. I have seen a LOT more tour buses, coaches and limos than usual as well as more homemade political signage near the freeways.

I know I have friends who are much more directly engaged in the convention than I am. I was watching Gov. Palin's speech last night and I swore I saw a couple of people that I know in the hall....



I have to say that I think the colors Ray and Terry were wearing last night are much more flattering than those black commando outfits they were wearing a few days ago while they flipped trash cans near the Capital. Terry was bummed because they did all that work hurling trash near the Capital but no one even noticed there was more trash floating around the Hill than usual.

13 Comments:

Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Cinderella & Snow White want those prom dresses returned to Anaheim ASAP!

September 04, 2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Oh that picture of Ray in a dress is making my eyes bleed! :)

September 04, 2008 1:30 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

It makes my eyes bleed too, Sanctus! I had to make sure that I didn't get near any mirrors that evening. When I had my hair done, I had to pay extra to make sure the stylist didn't accidentally expose me to her efforts. She did a nice job though, I was told by some admirers.

Just you wait, Catherine of A, just you wait. I'll get you back for this!

September 04, 2008 4:36 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I think Terry is wearing an outfit that Janet Reno once wore to a White House function with her "significant other."

September 04, 2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Hey! Where'd they get my prom dresses?

September 04, 2008 7:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

LOL! Hey, Ray, BRING IT ON!!!!!

September 04, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 04, 2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Actually, Ray is kinda cute.

September 04, 2008 10:49 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Dear co-conspirators (maybe is should be "multi-conspiritors" if I include Vincenzo the Magnificent).

When I go after C of A, the hostess here, I just may drop off of a few snaps of Terry that I took in the dressing room that night. I had to work quick, because he was used to dressing up and the stylist only spent a few minutes with him.

Vincenzo is going to be a more difficult target, being that he is much like Cosmo Topper's elusive guests, George and Martha. But I'll get him.

Who's Nancy?

September 05, 2008 9:01 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

"Who's Nancy?" Ray: You are as incapable of being disingenuous in print as you are in person-and that's one of my highest forms of praise ever. You may as well just come out from behind the fern and quit playing cute! LOL! I'm not even going to touch the comment about taking photos of Ter in a dressing room.

September 05, 2008 3:20 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Those snaps of Ter, Cath, are really a sight to behold. Some day I might show them to you.

When I have to deal with two wits like you two, errr, three, I have to use all the technology available.

Especially now that the mysterious Nancy is probably passing around that photo of me to her pals.

September 05, 2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 07, 2008 9:37 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Sorry Cath - I had to take my comments down.

September 07, 2008 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page