August 29, 2008

Labor Day for Life and Blog Break!

I know, I just got back but I'm going to be offline until late Monday afternoon, September 1st. I'm going to South Dakota to visit my Grandmother who is gravely ill. Please remember her in your prayers. Thanks.

In the meantime, if you are not planning to be camped out at the Governor's Mansion all weekend (News Flash: from interview with Pawlenty on WCCO A.M. Radio moments ago it sounds very definite that Pawlenty will NOT be McCain's V.P.), Pro-Life Action Ministries is sponsoring a Prayer Vigil for our Nation on Sept 1, 2008 from 9-11 a.m. at Regions Hospital (640 Jackson in St. Paul). Regions is an abortuary that killed more than 700 children in 2007. The Vigil is deliberately timed to coincide with the start of the Republican National Convention being held a few blocks away.

Comment moderation enabled until my return! Have a great weekend!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Georgette said...

oh dear Cathy! 'Gravely ill' doesn't sound good. I will certainly keep your Grandmother in my prayers, for a healing if it is God's holy will and for when the time comes, that she (and us all) will have a happy, holy death with Jesus, Mary and Joseph at our sides...and I will also keep you in my prayers, as well, for a safe journey. God bless you, hon!

August 29, 2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Gette!

August 29, 2008 4:13 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Have a safe trip. You are a good granddaughter. God bless you and your grandma....

August 29, 2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

Divine Mercy chaplet prayers for your Grandmother...

August 30, 2008 4:41 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Tell the truth, Cathy. You are setting up your portable kissing booth some place new:0)

BTW, if the RNC does go through, I hope they at least become aware of the vigil and how important it is to remain pro-life if either McCain or Pallin want to come anywhere near the White House.

September 01, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Cathy-

My apologies. I did not read you comments about your grandmother being gravely ill. My sincerest apologies for being so utterly stupid. I simply read too fast and only picked up the portion of "I'm going to South Dakota." Again, please accept my apologies for being so clumsy and insensitive. I will keep your dear grandmother in my prayers.

September 02, 2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: No worries. Your comment gave me a much needed laugh! Thanks for the prayers.

September 03, 2008 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page