August 25, 2008

The DNC

Change….

the channel




The poster for my new political party: The Catechism Party (visioned by Vincenzo)

Rumor has it the nearly dead Democratic celebrity Sen. Ted Kennedy may address the DNC tonight.

In response, the Republicans plan to bring out their nearly dead celebrity at their convention: Sen. John McCain.

A Cranky Cathy political quote “All the major party candidates suck.” (let Cokie Roberts top that level of erudite insight!)

Is the addition of Biden to the Democratic ticket supposed to make us burn with barely suppressed longing for an Obama/Biden Presidency? Is Obama holding his 2 fingers to his lips and furrowing his brow supposed to make us believe he’s actually thinking beyond his pay grade as opposed to following his media advisor’s directions? Is anyone confident that McCain is solidly pro-life? Does anyone wish Howard Dean would scream? (I do, I loved that!)

Is anyone, besides me (and Mitchell!), sorry the true unscripted drama of the Olympics has been replaced by this scripted political hogwash? You know it's a sad day when an event in CHINA looks more unpredictable than anything in the U.S.!!! The only thing amusing me these days (besides reworking the pronouns and verbs of Father Joncas’ “Take and Eat”) is the always shadowy threat of the Clintons over the DNC. Who knows what they or their friends could do during the Democratic convention? Will someone end up dead in a park?

Who is there for those of us who vote morally? No one. This is what the "common good" plank has given us. The PC Goldilocks and the Three Bears platform: Not too hard, not too soft. Since absolutes are to be frowned upon, it can't be just right either. No one wants to go to Hell alone.

I think I’ll vote for Yoda as a write-in.

19 Comments:

Blogger Vincenzo said...

I'm so happy you're back!

August 25, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Or you COULD just vote for the local Anarchist party...check out my blog for their website.

And I'm offended...I've had lots of photoshop opps at my blog this summer but Vincenzo doesn't love me like he loves you.

Although he DID do a wonderful job on the Akron Zoo info I sent him.

I miss V.'s stuff on your blog! If you don't post, he has nothing to make fun of!

Um...wait...that came out wrong....!

August 25, 2008 8:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Earlier today I was actually contemplating "B16" as a write-in! :D Nevermind that he's not an American citizen...
Joncas is a priest!?!?!?! And when I Googled him I learned he actually teaches at St Thomas?!?!?!? Somehow, I'm not surprised about that part...
I seriously had no idea he's a priest. When does he have time to write all that crappy musis?

August 25, 2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

crappy "music", I meant (of course)

August 25, 2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

"Who knows what they [Clintons] or their friends could do during the Democratic convention?"

Well, you know for sure the call-girls are going to make a killing, which the Obama camp will tax to mere pennies.

I don't like Obama of McCain..

BTW, welcome back! And thank you for the B-day wishes:0)

August 26, 2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I meant "Obama or McCain." But you know, "Obama of McCain" does have a nice sound to it.

August 26, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Well look who the cat dragged in. I'm glad you are back too - I have gotten in so much trouble since you have been gone... it is so not funny. I have offended just about everyone in the blogosphere this time.

So you don't like Obama, huh? And was something wrong with the Olympics? And so like you hate old people too?

August 26, 2008 9:49 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Hi hon - I got so excited I did a welcome back post for you!

August 26, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger SF said...

Welcome back!!!!

August 26, 2008 12:31 PM  
Blogger The Ironic Catholic said...

Cathy--there's always the option to support the communion of saints ticket!

Here--
http://zazzle.com/ironiccatholic

August 26, 2008 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Georgette said...

Cathy!! You're back!!! wooohooo!!! It is so nice to see a new post on this site! :)

Funny line: Near-dead Ted Kennedy.
teehee, we be so bad!

Oh. Terry sent me. He said to say that. So I just did. ;)

Welcome back!
love ya!!
Gette

August 26, 2008 2:05 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Welcome home......

August 26, 2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Geometricus said...

I put a "latest post" feed on my blog http://hymnosdebitoscanamus.blogspot.com/ just so that I would know when you came back. It is great to see you again...well, I did see you on FB a couple of times this summer...but thanks for your "cranky" thoughts about the election. Brought a smille to my busy day!

August 26, 2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Vin: Thanks for everything!

Adoro: Well, Vin needs good material to create from. Bwah-ha-ha! Yes, you walked straight into that one. Thanks for the setup! :-)

Tom: Nice slip of the tongue!

Hi Adrienne and SF!

Ter: Yes, I know, you missed me! LOL!

Georgette: See, if I'm back, you could be too...I'm just sayin'....:-)

I.C. and Geometricus: Nice product placement! :-) Which reminds me I should do a "How was my/our summer" post. You know, because it's been so quite around here! LOL!

August 26, 2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

I meant "quiet" See, what Tom started! Gosh, I forgot to give Chris a shoutout! Hi, Chris! I stink as a blog hostess. See, how my skills have fallen down! Good question, Chris. Baffles me too.

August 26, 2008 8:23 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Wow - "blog hostess" that is fodder - Vincenzo! Get it going!

August 26, 2008 8:54 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

Welcome Back!!!

hmmmm... Terry sent me :-)

August 26, 2008 10:52 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Dear Cathy, I removed that undignified and offensive post I did on your home-coming. I apologize for going overboard sometimes and being way too silly for my shirt.

August 27, 2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: Huh? Now how else can I get more readers like anna b to come by? Oh, I see your plan now!

August 27, 2008 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page