June 01, 2008

Complete Exhaustion

Gentle Reader: I'm so exhausted right now that if the Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door I'd not only give them my name, I'd take all their literature without any debate or argument.

I'm also too tired to link to everyone's blog after every single name of a blogger mentioned in this post. You know who they are. Well, you should.

What a fantastic weekend!

Mary Gibson's Entrance Mass at the Cathedral on Friday evening was lovely. Which reminds me it's not too late to contribute to her debt reduction

The Chant Schola consisting of Ray, Dan, Geometricus and Matt did an excellent job at St. Anthony of Padua on Saturday morning. Note to self: Send a note to Father Jenson thanking him for being open to occasionally having Chant-among many other great things (Latin, ad orientem) at his parish.

I had breakfast after Mass with Ray at the famous Elsie's. Wherein I drank about 6 cups of coffee and consumed 3/4 of the famous (and huge) Elsie's Supreme Omelet. It's all good though because it's the season for miracles-Ray actually grabbed the check. Well, he usually does to scrutinize the total, but he actually paid for the breakfast!!!!!!

Came home and cut my grass.

I joined Adoro for her Adoration hour with Jesus on Saturday afternoon. I really needed the quality time with my Main Man.

I had dinner with Adoro and my K-9 buddy on Saturday. I had to run for home sooner than planned because a big storm was moving in-not because of Adoro's cooking. LOL! Kidding. Adoro is a good cook. Besides, we got Asian takeout. LOL!

I'm raising heck with Sister Caprice over at the Brother and Sisters of Perpetual Discernment blog.

Mass this morning was beautiful. I love going to Church at anytime but it's especially grand when the morning is gorgeous.

After Mass, I put the Dover Race on the TV and then cleaned all the windows in my house. Then, I made a trip to the local compost pile. I also planted my gladiolas. I winter them in my basement. I probably should have planted them a week ago but I kind of forgot about them.

This post is my way of explaining why I've had no original posts up lately. Too bloody tired to be catty, cranky or original.

Bath and Bed that's my plan.

I hope you had a good weekend too!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Wow! That is one heck of a long day! Now it's time for some R & R.

BTW, I would have been slightly more naughty than you. I would have said: I'm so exhausted right now that if the Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door, I'd be too tired to slam the door in their face.

LOL!

Oh, now, I'm just having a little fun:0)

June 01, 2008 9:32 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Yeah. Whatever. What does Ray have that I don't have? Gosh! And what's with Tom being so nice?

June 01, 2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Is it Cathy the Kind? Or, Cruella Cathy?

Oh, the shame.

First she compliments me on sticking through the first season of Geometricus' Gregorian Chant Schola at St Anthony's.

Then she calls me a cheapskate after our enjoyable breakfast!

Oh, the shame!

June 01, 2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: ROFL! Honestly, I should have said: "I'm too tired to cower in my kitchen waiting for them to leave when they come to the front door" LOL!

Ter: Hmmm...social skills? LOL! You know I still love you.

Ray: Just messin' with ya! Thanks for the breakfast and your chanting skills.

June 02, 2008 6:28 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the kind words about the chanting on Saturday. Sorry I couldn't stick around to say hi afterwards - I had a train to catch.

June 02, 2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

You cleaned windows and it was still a good weekend? I hate cleaning windows. Instead, I spent the weekend at the homeschool conference listening to Father Mitch Pacwa and solidifying my new official title as "homeschooling mom."

Gosh, give me a call the next time Ray is buying!

June 02, 2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Sounds like the best kind of tired!!

June 03, 2008 6:11 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

........and, Terry - Tom is always nice.

June 03, 2008 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are too tired to dialog with the Jehovah's Witnesses, take all of their literature without debate and promptly destroy it but only after you suggest that they visit our website: www.catholicxjw.com

We are The Fellowship of Catholic Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jeff S.

June 08, 2008 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page