April 11, 2008

Reflection in my Mirror

Gentle Reader: First of all, I want to state for the record that it is not me in the reflection in V.P. Dick Cheney's shades.

However, my actual reflection in the mirror is scaring me.

I have not set foot in my gym since January-when the stress of this new job and the long hours started cutting into my free time.

Lo! A voice from Falcon Heights today: "Hey, I have not seen you in the gym for a while. Are you ok? I'm starting up another session of Bootcamp. I've changed the evening time. I've got a spot, let me know if you want it"

My personal trainer.

I trained with her via an extremely intense workout for 1 1/2 years. "Look Good Naked Bootcamp" or as I call it "Look Good in your Coffin at your Wake". It's really a tough workout but man was I getting into shape! I could jog! My arms were starting to look sculpted! I could even hold Ray over my head with one arm! Well, ok, that's not true. But, I was working up to it!

I warned my trainer that I'm looking pretty scary. Everything is sagging (yuck). I'm sure she's going to be tough on me.

Anyway, this is my long way of saying that blogging may be light for 12 weeks. Summer, bar-b-que, sweat, passing out, you know-the usual. For some of you, the note on my reduced blogging is the answer to your prayers. LOL!

But, this is as fine a time as any to not only assess my physical shape but, also, my spiritual shape. Am I praying enough? Am I spending enough time with the Lord? Am I living a Christian life? How's my Examination of Conscience looking? Some work could be done in those areas too.

Don't delay! Get ready for summer-NOW! I know it's sleeting here in the TC but, the sun will come out! Spring will come soon! Really! If it doesn't, I'm going to my Grandma's in Florida!

13 Comments:

Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Don't go to Florida. It's hot and humid there in the summer. And then you'll spend all your time inside trying to cool off. And just when you think you're ready to go outside a hurricane will come by and knock the house down and you'll stand around in shock, still not working out.

April 11, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Well, I haven't gone to the gym in 3 ½ weeks. And I had my cousins from out of town all last week and from memory, I don't remember which buffet that we went to belongs to which hotel. Furthermore, with your meme post involving Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio ice cream, I went to my grocery store and did things I don't want to talk about.

Naturally, I could blame you and deflect responsibility away from myself. But I wont do that. I accept full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn’t have let you let me get so out of hand:0)

April 12, 2008 3:44 AM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Best wishes on your workout and better health. I really should be going with you. I was raised to eat comfort food, not health food :)

April 12, 2008 7:45 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Hon - just start doing your dance videos again for Youtube - look how good you look in those!

April 12, 2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: You goofball. Actually, holding on for dear life to a light pole as a hurricane whips around me is a good bicep workout. LOL!

Swissy: Me too.

Tom: Well, you've had stress with the Little Critter so I understand. Plus, I know what a temptation I am so I don't blame you-really. :-)

Terry: Thanks to you broadcasting those everywhere I can't do those anymore for YouTube. I just do it at home now in my basement-no video. I'm sure Tom is so crushed he's running out to buy more Pistachio, Pistachio as I write this.

April 12, 2008 10:26 AM  
Anonymous adoro said...

Cathy ~ Actually, that kind of workould would use more tricep, forearm, hand, and latissimus dorsi than bicep. Oh, and trapezius, and a great deal of core strength. So be sure to build up your abs and your lower back.

April 12, 2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: Do you have haircare tips for that situation too? That kind of wind will destroy my updo. Even Aqua Net won't help.

:-)

April 12, 2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I doubt that anybody could do a one-armed bench press of me, Cathy.

I guess that tells me that as soon as the temperature gets to be 60, I better start my outdoor exercise routine.

April 12, 2008 1:30 PM  
Anonymous adoro said...

Haircare tip # 1: Wear a hat

Haircare tip # 2: Put it in a ponytail

Haircare tip # 3: If all else fails, shave your head OR sell the style to a famous designer and all the Hollywood types will sport it.

April 12, 2008 2:29 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: Get over that cold first! Then, I'll look for you jogging on the River Road path!

Adoro: I'd have to go with the head shaving. I'd hate to lose a good hat and, perhaps, a pony tail holder! Maybe I can do something cool like shave an image of the Holy Father into my head?

April 12, 2008 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

You are gorgeous just the way you are!
I know-we can all do more to physically get in better shape, but you're the Cindy Crawford of spiritual fitness!
Peace, my friend. :)

April 12, 2008 9:12 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

"work out" what is this "work out"? Is it some strange penitiential devotion?

I don't think I like the sound of "work out"--I will eat posrk chops instead!

April 13, 2008 11:01 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

redneck: "Strange penitential devotion" In a way....LOL! I, certainly, do a lot of praying during it.

April 13, 2008 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page