April 16, 2008

Office Happenings That Make You Go Hmmmmm...




The boss who usually either ignores you or is a raging bee-y---- towards you is being really nice to you.

You are asked to fill out a talent evaluation form on yourself for the Sr. VP-guess he has no idea why the h--- you were hired either.

You are asked to list everything you are currently working on or have finished for your manager-your suspicians are confirmed-she really has no idea what you do or have done. And, she's still as incompetent as yesterday.

You can hardly go to the restroom without avoiding the judgemental eye of withering scorn from your superiors for your apparently weak bladder (after holding it for 3 hours I might add) but they can break the news that they are going to be unavailable for the next 40 hours 1/2 hour before they leave.

However, you encourage these same yay-hoos to go to as many conferences, conventions, vacations, school plays and funerals as possible because the fact they are not in your face all day is like having a vacation. Considering the paltry vacation hours you are allowed, that's probably all you are going to get anyway! Hey, this ain't Germany!

The Director gets your team's name wrong in the agenda for a Department meeting-AGAIN!-you feel like telling her just write "Screwed" in there, sweetie, thanks, luv ya!

Your entire area can't seem to keep office supplies and equipment on-hand, nor get quick re-stocks when needed. Consequently, there is a black market location near the Security Guard's desk for those that need to be hooked up with their fix of hanging files, pens, pencils, erasers, hard drives, phones that actually work, a desk chair..has anyone seen my car?....

Corporate IT has gone into hiding at a never disclosed location. Actually, no one is sure that we really have a Corporate IT Department.

How was your day?

(For the record: this IS a Cranky Cathy post!!!!)

14 Comments:

Blogger ignorant redneck said...

My Day was Peachy!--I took early retirement 5 years ago! In a coupla years, I'll be 50!

April 16, 2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I didn't realize you work for Leaflet.

(I'm cranky because I am not invited out with you tonight. I don't know why I try so hard!)

April 16, 2008 4:58 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

"...you encourage these same yay-hoos to go to as many conferences, conventions, vacations, school plays and funerals as possible because the fact they are not in your face all day is like having a vacation." Been there, felt like that.

April 16, 2008 7:05 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

You need a new job

April 16, 2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger RJW said...

I echo the above. Retired 6 years ago at 47. Better than being stressed to death by 48. I had a religious bigot for a boss.

April 16, 2008 8:17 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I laughed while I read it, but I shouldn't let you know that. I should have cried.

You DO write well!

April 16, 2008 8:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

redneck and RJW: Sure, rub it in! :-)

Ter: Like I'm ever invited to YOUR parties? Wait, do you have any? LOL! It DOES sound like your former employer doesn't it? LOL again!

Adrienne: Yes.

Ray: Go ahead. I cry until I laugh.

April 16, 2008 9:16 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

My boss is out all this week, even when she is in the office she is not there...

April 16, 2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You are sooooo right...

My boss took what she called a "Mommy day" on Monday LMAO!

BTW...your "Cranky Cathy" posts are my favorites!

April 17, 2008 8:34 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Christine - her cranky posts are everyone's favorites.

April 17, 2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Its a very telling thing when the business/office/etc runs better with the boss gone...

April 17, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

"[T]his IS a Cranky Cathy post!!!!"

Why, Cathy, since I've been visiting your blog I've NEVER known you to be cranky. You're just nincompoop intolerant- that's all your problem is. You need to open yourself up to the dummkopf and learn to see the beauty in the doltish. You may even find yourself having a lot in common with them:0)

If I were you, I would take out to lunch someone who completely dense (I know, too many to choose from!) and thank them for making the most trivial of gestures on your part seem like a stroke of genius.

April 17, 2008 4:22 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: I'm so ashamed. You are probably right. I need to embrace my nincompoop brothers.

LOL!

April 17, 2008 8:35 PM  
Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Cathy, I'd update your resume. Each time someone had me make such lists of my job activities it has been followed by downsizing. If I'm being parinoid at least you'll be ready to move to a better job!

April 17, 2008 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page