April 01, 2008

Mulier's Motu Meme



Mac wants to know more about me (scary!) and tagged me for this meme. I don't know what the name of this meme is so I called it Mulier's Motu Meme. She dared to question why I was not wearing a mantilla in the classic image by Vincenzo that accompanies this post! Isn't a halo enough for this woman?!? Those Brits-never satisfied! I know she's been ill so maybe she was hopped up on cold meds at the time...who knows? *meow*

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Preparing to move from Minneapolis (in May) to a suburb of Chicago, Illinois in order to finish my graduate degree. I gained 20 pounds while there that I still can't lose. Why? See the next one....

5 Snacks I enjoy:
Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls
Milky Way candy bars
Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio ice cream
Tortilla chips (baked-no salt) and Lisa's Homemade Salsa (medium or hot)
White Popcorn-air popped coated with REAL melted butter, sprinkled with a light salt and hang on to your hats: parmesan cheese (You can guess I'm a little obssessed about my popcorn mix. Anyone daring to mention the words "margerine" "butter spread" "butter spray" "golden" in my home will be shot on sight. In a similarly friendly vein, don't ever talk to me about that cancerous microwave crap! Ever. Luv ya!)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
* Cover the debt of Veritatis Splendor before she enters the convent
* Buy a new car for Ray
* Give Adoro money to cover her summer job break.
* Become an well-known eccentric Archdiocesan character-you know the one the local parishes and schools have on speed dial when they need help but are afraid to call because I come up with outrageous conditions like: "Sure, I'll give you $1 million but only if Father never looks at me during his Homily EVER again and he has to stand on one leg. If he fails to meet my conditions, even once, I want that money back!"

Five jobs that I have had:
Dairy Queen ice cream counter (you can guess I lost 1/2 my miserably low pay eating the product, right?), hotel maid, customer service phone operator for the US Postal Service (oh, yeah, that was a fun job-NOT!), healthcare consultant, retail industry analyst.

Three of my bad habits:
Impatience, Irritability, Gluttony (you thought there would be another "I" didn't you?)

Five places I have lived:
Other than my grad school stint in Illinois, I've lived in Minnesota my whole life. In Minnesota, I've lived in Cass Lake, Minnesota. However, I spent most of my life in Minneapolis in these neighborhoods: Lyndale, Kingfield, Harrison. I, currently, live in the South Como neighborhood of St. Paul's North End.

Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!): Adoro , Ray , swissmiss , Terry and Angela

11 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

Done!

April 02, 2008 1:07 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm trying to think what other "I's" there are....hmmmm
:)

Love,
Georgette
("Mimi" is my daughter's name, BTW...seems it is stuck as my blogger name now....long story, LOL)

April 02, 2008 3:02 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Hi, Georgette! I'll try and remember that's you. Your photo helps. :-)

April 02, 2008 6:15 AM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I did my meme, but have to admit that even though I was born and raised here, I don't know where those neighborhoods are in Mpls. It's definitely a Mpls/St. Paul thing where we stay on our own respective sides of the river :)

April 02, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Cathy, when we get to Heaven the veil thing will be moot as we all be nekkid!

April 02, 2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger Mac McLernon said...

LOL Cathy... I've never had a meme named after me!

April 02, 2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

AA: Then I pray I will only be gazing upon Our Lord! :-)

Mac: Enjoy!

swissy: I know. We never crossed the river when I was growing up in Minneapolis. My friends and family totally freaked when I bought a home on "the other side" ooohh...Now, they can't find me which is a good thing sometimes-LOL!

April 02, 2008 1:53 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Dang, I thought I had been left out of the meme network and forgotten. But I guess I'll have to do it.

In defense of "Jerry", my new used car, he's lasted a week so far and hasn't broken down yet.

And I'm awestruck by his gas mileage, compared to "Bill's." I'll probably be able to afford $4.00 per gallon gas this Summer.

April 02, 2008 7:00 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I LOVE Ben & Jerry's. My personal fav is Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch. Yummy.

Must go pick some up. I will eat the WHOLE thing in two days...maybe one.

April 02, 2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"My personal fav is Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch. Yummy."

I like Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Apple Pie ice cream.

April 02, 2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: I like that flavor too. Sometimes, if they are out of Pistachio, I'll buy that one.

Vin: From your list, I like the CC Cookie Dough too!

April 03, 2008 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page