February 05, 2008

Lenten Salutations

What do you say to a Catholic to wish them "well" as Lent is starting? Is "well" even the right word?

"Have a happy (?????) Lent?"
"Have a glorious (????) Ash Wednesday?"
"May you be rightfully penitential this Lenten season you steaming turd pile of human sin and misery!" Should I end with "God bless you" after that?
"May the weight of the ashes you are about to receive knock you down so you can't get up." Should I end with "Peace be with you" after that?

Thoughts?

7 Comments:

Blogger japhy said...

"Have a penitent Lent!"

"Repent and believe in the Gospel!"

"Complete in your flesh what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the Church!"

Me, I'd go with #3. :)

February 06, 2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

japhy: Good ones.

February 06, 2008 6:44 AM  
Anonymous adoro said...

Have a mournful Lent. Be Holy as your Father in Heaven is Holy and may you be crucified with Our Lord Jesus Christ.

February 06, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

adoro: I like "Be holy as your Father in Heaven is holy" Not sure I want to wish that someone is crucified...I know what you mean and you know what I mean? :-)

February 06, 2008 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished someone "Happy Lent" today and she broke out in a big grin.

Still can't sign in; even after a re-boot.

February 06, 2008 9:34 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Cathy, I wish you a blessed and holy Lent.

(however I like the "steaming turd pile of human sin and misery" remark LOL!!!)

February 07, 2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Angela! You too!

February 08, 2008 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page