February 27, 2008

AOTM Needs to Hire This Guy!

Never let it be said that I'm not always thinking of my Catholic brothers! I mean that in a pure way, so stop snickering!

"There's something inherently virile and masculine about growing a beard. It kind of evokes a mountain climber, an explorer, a warrior. I'm a man, d----t, and I'm not going to be coiffed, and I'm not putting on moisturizer, and I don't need toner and exfoliant and all that crap!"--GQ Style Editor, Adam Rapoport on the current popularty of beards, Chicago Tribune, 2/17/08

The Argument of the Month club should seriously think about hiring Mr. Rapoport for their April speaking gig! Maybe he can debate Fr. Pedersen who is growing quite an impressive beard these days?! I'm sure Mr. Rapoport won't even blink at the frat-house food table.




Labels: In praise of hairy men-Part II (or is this Part III? or does anyone care because I'm crazy?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I heard Adam Rapoport uses concealer under his eyes though - which makes him look like a racoon - oh, and he uses Just For Men to keep the grey away... He's a dandy hon. You'll jump at anything with hair I guess.

February 27, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Until I was permanently banned, I was known to lurk near the gorilla cages at the Como Zoo. They just don't understand...

February 27, 2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Please tell me that handle-bar moustaches are not on your "must have" list for potential suitors and that ZZ Top is not your favorite band for their looks or their music :)

February 27, 2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, as a part time staffer at the AOTM's monthly shindigs, we certainly appreciate, Ms. C of A, that you are interested enough in our activities to scout recruits for us, but just remove from your mind that idea you have of becoming eligible for partaking of our tasty repasts by perhaps undergoing a whisker transplant.

There are other requirements that must be met such as belching, armpit scratching and "leaving the dishes for someone else", practices with which, I am sure, you are are totally unfamiliar.

February 27, 2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

swissmiss: No, handlebars for me. I don't like ZZ Top for their looks but they are a great band. I have a lot of their music. In fact, they opened for the NASCAR race last Sunday-tee-hee.

Ray: I can armpit scratch with the best of them. I can ignore dishes too. I'm not good at belching or burping. I thought about recruiting Crazy Mama so we could go and crash this event in drag but I'd be laughing so hard the jig would be up anyway!

February 27, 2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

My goodness, Cathy, all this talk of hairy men makes me think you might have the hots for the Geico cavemen. LOL!

You should go to work on Terry and convince him to grow one for you:0)

February 27, 2008 8:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Tom: LOL! I deserved that. :-)

It would do me no good to "work on" Ter.

February 28, 2008 6:41 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

http://i31.tinypic.com/wcbvjl.jpg

February 28, 2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I was going to ask what an AOTM is and I see Vincenzo posted the photo.

ROFLMAO!

"Dottie Hincle, do you drink?"

February 29, 2008 4:02 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Who?

Well, I have a bottle of chianti that I'm about to open, does that count?

February 29, 2008 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page