January 01, 2008

It's Time for Good Company.....

with your hosts, the husband and wife team, Steve Edelman and Sharon Anderson!!!!

IT'S BACK!!!!!!

I read in the Pioneer Press today that, 20 years after it breathed its last, this local TV variety show will be making a comeback in 2008!!!!!

Sorry, Steve and Sharon fans, it will have new hosts-probably C.J. and Nick Coleman!

Nope, just messing with you. But, it will have new hosts.

And, it will be back in case you didn't get enough of Gary jumping out of airplanes or Vicki buying some old junk that Gary would have to fix because it was broke the first time around.

For the uninitiated and innocent among us, Good Company was a very much a local TV show. I believe it was on KSTP which is, currently, the ABC affiliate in town. It was not syndicated; for which, I think we should all have a moment of prayerful gratitude. My BFF and I used to just "rip" this show. Sharon had a very engaging personality but, Steve, well, Steve was so stiff I could have used him as a snow board at Afton.

Which reminds me: I believe Good Company was Steve's concept. Does that mean he gets money from this reincarnation or is he somehow involved?

I wonder if Terry, Ray and Adoro could get gigs on this new show? Terry has that, popular, metrosexual vibe going for him. Ray could be the loveable handyman. Adoro's always looking for new stuff. Then, I remembered that Terry was busted on the northside for stealing from homeless men on the Broadway exit. Ray was photographed holding a drill once (except they asked him to pick up the hammer) and Adoro picks up bargains, literally, as her neighbors throw them off their balconies (too uncertain, can't sit there with cameras waiting for that!) Alas, I guess those ideas won't work. Sorry, buddies, I'm always trying to find work for ya!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Adoro said...

Cathy, now, be fair. The only stuff from my neighbor's deck that I fish through would involve theological tomes that are out of print. And since my neighbors are Christian, but not Catholic, and they don't read anything that seems intellectual, well, the fishin' ain't good round herebouts.

Besides...I got enough junky furniture. I don't need THEIRS.

January 01, 2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Yeah, Adoro, but have my rare, 23rd printing, of Theology and Sanity! That must be worth $3.50 or so.

As for me, I did pick up my hammer, and saw, the drill.

When Good Company was the hottest daytime show around here, I knew Steve very slightly (on a first name "howdy" basis only). He was the producer/organizer of the show, and not having to pay for a male co-host I'm sure contributed greatly to the show's profitability. And it didn't hurt that they were husband and wife.

And I think they had a baby "live" once, something that certainly contributed to ratings.

I thought they headed out for Hollywood to see if they could make some real money.

He might be in his mid 50s by now so I doubt that either of them would be the TV attraction that they once were.

I probably watched it just a few times. I think it was on 9-11 a.m. or so, so only when ill or playing hookey.

The Hubbards are pretty cheap, but they might have sold the concept to Steve and Sharon which means that they might be contracting with KSTP to put on the new show. I'm sure guest appearances by Sharon would be in order.

With all the women working now will the demographics of a new audience be significantly different from the early 80s?

January 01, 2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I hope the show won't be on at the same time Oprah is.

My husband and I went to a taping of the show about 20 years ago. They were having General Chuck Yeager on and hubby had to have his autograph. I think it was the Good Company show...I can't remember Steve or Sharon (sorry!) from that day, but I do remember the studio on University and Chuck Yeager.

January 01, 2008 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Steve and Sharon, and Gary Lumpkin! I got so excited when i started reading this - are they really coming back? And then I realized NOT! That was mean Cathy!

I used to go by their house on Lake Harriet all the time... sometimes I'd sit in their driveway... for hours and hours... I followed them to the store... called them - at all hours... how silly, huh? Yeah, I just loved them. Then they left town...

January 01, 2008 4:09 PM  
Anonymous mary catherine gallagher said...

Oops! Sorry Cathy - I meant to sign my name on that comment!

Mary Catherine Gallagher.

Yeah - I just loved Steve and Sharon - not surewhich of them I liked more - yep, then they suddenly left town.

January 01, 2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

anonymous, er, Mary Catherine, er, you know I know who you are: If you were a skilled stalker at all you could have posted this story on your blog because you would have known about it before I did!

January 01, 2008 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page