December 06, 2007

Kersten Column on Univ. of St. Thomas

Ray has the story.

2 things I took away from the story:
1) Trustees were concerned that the incoming Archbishop would be too busy to be Chairman
2) No one is going on the record or sure if the Archbishop was actually, ASKED, if he would be too busy to be Chairman

I think any Archbishop would clear his calender to Chair meetings involving a Catholic college-especially, one that has the Seminaries on its campus.
I'm going to go WAY OUT on a limb (HA!) and publicly state I believe His Excellency was not even asked. Furthermore, I doubt the current, Archbishop Flynn, was informed of what the Board intended before they acted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Strib online and read this article- you should get a peek at some of the comments/commenters...mostly ridiculous! www.startribune.com/thinkagain

Lisa

December 06, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Lisa: I wondered over. Over 340 comments! Many, sadly, way off-topic but some are interesting and disturbing.

December 06, 2007 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page