December 23, 2007

John 21: 15-17

Ray found another letter by our soon to be Shepherd, Coadjutor Archbishop John Nienstedt. The letter was in the StarTribune . I'm glad Ray is monitoring that rag because I don't.

I'm so excited and happy that the Lord has chosen His Excellency to be our new leader. Sure, there is the excitement of new possibilities. Maybe, I'll be disappointed eventually. I pray not. I hope not. But, there is "something" in the air. An anticipation. An electricity. Perhaps, I'm the only one who thinks so, but, I doubt it, as the opposition is acting rather panicked these days.

I love that His Excellency is taking the fight right where it lies: in the newspapers. His Excellency appears to be savvy enough to realize that, unfortunately, most people are getting Catholicism from the newspapers rather then from a Catachism.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Celine Dion said...

Lay off the sauce honey!

December 23, 2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Hey there Cathy!

I am very much excited at the thought of Abp. Nienstedt! And I'm not even in your Archdiocese!

I think his outspoken defense of the faith will have reprecussions throughout the churches in the US, and will encourage other bishops to find their....voices.

If he wasn't a bishop, he'd probably be a Commando or something.

BTW--I don't understand Celine Dions comment, unless he/she/it doesn't like the good Archbishop fufilling his position of magister.

December 23, 2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Ignorant Red Neck - I think Celine Dion was drunk and reading the wrong blog.

December 24, 2007 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Celine Dion said...

Wrong. Right blog - wrong post. And I wasn't drunk.

December 24, 2007 10:29 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

ignorant redneck: Pay no attention to the man behind Celine.

Blessed Christmas to you, my redneck buddy!

December 24, 2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page