December 06, 2007

8 Random Things About Me Meme

Tom in Vegas tagged me an 8 Random Things about Me Meme.

1) I am Cranky and Catty most of the time. Ask anyone, except, Terry! LOL!
2) I despise people who say some wackadoo piece of insane baloney but when you ask them for a reference OR justification OR a coherent explanation they are unable to deliver.
3) I used to be the person in #2 so you can see I'm long on judgemental, short on mercy at times.
4) I am as outspoken and inappropriate in person as I can be on this blog. Actually, I'm worse in person.
5) I am NOT a recovering alcoholic (Terry!). I do enjoy a drink once and a while.
6) I am an occasional smoker. BUT, not cigarettes-cigars. Though, there have been times I have smoked cigarettes.
7) I am a stickler for appropriate apparel at Mass. I know I have that reputation in blogdom. Believe it. It's all true. I usually look WAY overdressed at Holy Mass compared to almost everyone else and I don't care that I do-so there. BUT, I don't attack people at the door and make them change clothes. Oh, to have that power though...Tee-hee.
8) I was a member of St. Joan of Arc in Minneapolis for about 20 years. Not only that, I was a pretty prominent member (very involved, well known). Now, I'm about as popular in that part of town as the HIV virus.

I tag: YOU!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

I really enjoyed this post and your funny answers. Especially the part about being about as welcome as the HIV virus! :)

December 06, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

1--I used to lead a Neo-pagan Cult.
2--I am a non-using drug addict.
3--I have secret crush on Tina Fey (Opps not secret now)
4--My best friend lives 2000 miles away
5--I don't trust priest/bishops, as a rule.
6--Girls who dress "hot" turn me off
7--I hate cows
8--I don't like checkens, either.

December 06, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Hon - I never said you were recovering, did I. But anyway - I'm just teasing you - I think drunks are funny. I don't know what I mean anymore.

If I knew you smoked, I never would have quit.

Redneck - I have a crush on Tina Fey too!

Cath - 20 years at St. Joan's? And active participation? Wow! You know much more than I do then. Would you ever name names? No, of course you wouldn't.

December 06, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Cute answers, Cathy.
With all the talk lately about folks appointing themselves as arbiters of this and that...can I appoint you as the Pastoral Minister in Charge of Dress at the nearby parish? I could give you a name tag and a stick, but would have to take up a collection for your wages ;}

December 06, 2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You smoke cigars? Cool! I've been wanting to try one! You'll have to recommend one for me :)

December 06, 2007 7:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

sanctus belle: Thanks. Good to see you-esp. right before the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I always associate you with Our Lady. :-)

ignorant redneck: Hey, wait a minute! You can't come on here and upstage my answers!!!! j/k. Sounds like you have some stories, friend.

Ter: Tee-hee. My work is done. You are SO easy to guilt out. Ha-ha!

swissmiss: I could do that, but, then who would be left for Holy Mass? Really, *sigh*

Christine: I shouldn't encourage vice. Gosh, I'll probably be sued by the state of Minnesota since it's practically illegal in this state to even talk about smoking.

December 06, 2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Cathy-

Are you really outspoken? Gee, I never would have guessed! LOL!

Number 2 is very true. People who make affirmations about this and that but can't substantiate their claims are full of hot air. Unfortunately, I can't prove this:0)

Thanks for participating!!

Tom

IR-

I, too, am a strong admirer of Tinay Fey. But I saw her first, so back off!! LOL!

December 06, 2007 8:13 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

as popular as the HIV virus...ROFLMAO!!!!

December 06, 2007 9:44 PM  
Blogger SF said...

Nice Job! Have you read Caryll Houselander?---she was outspoken, too, as was Alice Thomas Ellis----

I think you'd like them.....
Blessings to you on this Holy Vigil.
Susan

December 07, 2007 4:43 AM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

Cathy,
Great answers!

Ignorant Redneck,
Wow - what a story you must have!
:)

December 07, 2007 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page