November 15, 2007

This Week's Paper

Provacative issue of the Archdiocesan paper this week.

Archbishop Flynn has a very well-done rebuttal to an angry letter writer. Coadjutor Nienstedt has a good article reminding us about church teaching on homosexuality. He also mentions WHY a particular father/daughter team were not allowed to speak at a local parish.

WTH is going on?! LOL!

Oh, and yours truly got wound up over a front page story in the last issue of the Catholic Spirit and I had to write a letter to the editor about that. It's in there too. There are only two letters in the entire issue. I'm NOT the Sister. Just wanted to clear up any potential confusion by stating that in case some of you think I'm a nun. Quit laughing, Terry.

8 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you. That's right, isn't it?

November 15, 2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger uncle jim said...

and i'm sure i missed the joke

November 15, 2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

uncle jim: I'm sure others will too. You are not alone. ;-)

November 15, 2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I think you're one up on my now on published Spirit letters. I'd best get busy.

November 16, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm actually quite impressed with The Catholic Spirit. You would never see that quality of articles in our newpaper --ever!

I think you guys are kinda lucky:)

November 16, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

adrienne: Well, the writing is usually pretty good, the orthodoxy of the writing has been a longstanding issue around here. I see improvement in that area of late.

Ray: Don't worry. I have a feeling they will give you material eventually! Plus, there is always the Red Star!

November 16, 2007 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Kevin said...

See the blogger known as the Curt Jester (Jeff Miller) take on the Archbishop's response to the letter writer. http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/archives/008498.php

November 16, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Kathy,

WTH is going on? I do believe I know the answer!

These bishops are standing up and speaking out, because H.H. Pope Benedict XVI will back them, Pope JPII regained control of episcopal appointments about 1988, from the clique (I want to say cabal) of Modernists who had dominated it since the late 60s. This has, over time, allowed an accrual of orthodox Bishops until now, in Benedicts papacy, it can begin to bear fruit. Benedict has seen the oportunity to act and siezed it.

The orthodox bishops are no longer content to sit in silence while the fruit loops destroy the faith of the average catholic.

November 16, 2007 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page