October 17, 2007

Tag Lines

Remember a few years back when there was this big brouhaha about movie review tag lines? It turns out some distributors were putting tag lines praising their film in their ads from critics that didn't even exist. Or, they were just cutting and pasting a review from somewhere else and putting it on their film ad.

With all the talk on my blog about phoniness and impersonation in the last 24 hours, I decided to post some of the comments about this blog that some of my readers have sent me. Can you tell which ones are fake and which ones are legit?

"Every Catholic in the world MUST read Cathy's blog!"---Pope Benedict XVI

"Nice blog! What did I do wrong?"--Love Dad

"It's all a Masonic conspiracy!"--Anonymous St. Paul publisher.

"Horribly inaccurate translations and irrelevant commentary!"--Father Z

"WTF?!"--Ray from MN

"Worst Halloween Costumes Ever!"--Adoro te Devote

"I can only make reparation for this blog so many times. My knees hurt." --Terry Nelson

"I know she tries to be a lady."--Mitchell Hadley

"Image thief!"--Vincenzo

"I don't care if she's a Catholic, I just wish she'd get more work done!"--Cathy's boss.

"Big round of applause here!"-Most Rev. John C. Nienstedt

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I think they are all real, aren't they? (Well - not the Pope's - I knew you made that one up.)

October 17, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday? Is that what WTF means?

Is something going on that I should know about, or am I not being invited?

October 17, 2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Ray - don't feel bad - I'm never invited. Of course - I don't think anyone ever is - Cathy kinda parties by herself.

October 17, 2007 6:15 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

True.

October 17, 2007 6:21 PM  
Blogger uncle jim said...

Such a troupe of groupies you have here.

October 18, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

uncle jim: I KNOW. Aren't they somethin'?

October 18, 2007 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page