October 06, 2007

Men in Christ

This week's Archdiocesan newspaper The Catholic Spirit has a front page story on the college seminary, St. John Vianney, here in St. Paul, MN. I'm really happy to see Vianney's inspiring enrollment spotlighted by our Archdiocesan paper. (Gentle Reader: I'm trying really hard to refrain from saying: About time! Hey, I just did anyway! Must be Catty again. See Angela!)

I, firmly, believe that Vianney's emphasis on forming MEN, not boys, and it's Christ-centered, challenging program are largely responsible for its growth.

I keep saying it and saying it: It serves no one to water Catholicism down. Anyone who wants to serve Christ, whether priest or layperson, needs to KNOW that it is not easy. Just because you graduate or become ordained, life in Christ doesn't suddenly become a cakewalk the very next day. I've noticed a similar thing in my life, just because I was Confirmed does not mean "Oh, that's it. That's all I need to do. Just relax from here on in." It's an ongoing process. Real life in Christ is, literally, one minute at a time. It's not easy. I think it is great that the seminarians are strongly exposed to the discipline right away in their studies.

Kudos to St. John Vianney College Seminary!

Men in Christ! Men of the Church! Men for Others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page