October 03, 2007

Angel, Protect Me!

Gentle Reader: I meant to post this yesterday for the Memorial to the Guardian Angels but I've been really busy. However, I think this is a post that can go up at anytime-as you will see.....

Odd doings at my home Monday evening.

Let me back up a little...

Adoro and I have a habit of sending our Guardian Angels to each other as extra protection. Not that we think our personal Angels are falling down on the job. We recognize that even an Angel may need a backup fighter once and awhile. Also, my Angel can communicate with hers and perhaps find some way of letting me know that Adoro is alright-like throwing a breadcrust at me or something. I think our Angels play Texas Hold-Em together. Adoro thinks they drink tea. Can you tell which of the two of us has more class?

I was corresponding with a friend on Monday and told her I'd be offering my evening Rosary for healing from abuse for herself and her family. I also told her I'd send her my Angel to help fortify her spirit. I think when painful memories are stirred up we can have trouble putting them away when we need to. We become unsettled and I think the unsettling feeling can let a lot of bad spirits in. I think it can be a help to someone to know that they may have extra protection. I also think it helps to realize that someone loves you enough to "loan" you their Angel.

I don't believe that by asking your Angel to check on someone for you, that you are leaving yourself unprotected. In fact, I've been told that by others more well-versed in Angel studies then I. Angels can travel very fast. I'm not even sure they actually "travel" or if it's that they are capable of seeing more then once place at a time. I'm woefully ignorant about Angels. I need to read more on them. Terry has a good post on Angels.

I prayed the evening Rosary with my cats (it's so cute, they sit right by me when I have my Rosary out) and went to bed.

I spent the entire evening engaged in what seemed to be some kind of epic battle.

I've thought for some time now that there is a female spirit in my house (yes, a ghost) and that she primarily inhabits my guest bedroom. The guest bedroom was, I think, the primary bedroom for most of my home's prior residents because the closet is bigger in that room. However, my bedroom is a different room. She has not been a malevolent spirit. My first night in the house, I slept in the guest bedroom and I had the feeling someone was standing over me looking down at me. Then, I felt air in my face like someone had leaned their face in close to mine and exhaled. I had the feeling I was being "checked out". She must have approved of my presence because she has not created difficulties. Occasionally, I smell her perfume in the house but that's about it. Her and I coexist peaceably.

So, I retired for the evening. I had just dozed off when the strong smell of her perfume wafted into my bedroom. "Oh, she's back, I thought" She doesn't scare me so I don't even wake up.

About 10:30 p.m. a loud thump woke both me and my cats up (my cats sleep with me). What was that? I got up and walked around. My home is only one floor with a basement and it's small so it doesn't take long to walk around. Nothing amiss upstairs. Curious though: Kaylen stayed in the bedroom, but Sodak was walking with me and he was low to the ground with his ears back like he was stalking pray. Kaylen is my hunter but he isn't. Sodak is usually the coward. Their roles were reversed.

I was just about to go back to bed when I thought: "check the basement"

I have a walk-out door from the basement to the backyard and it occurred to me maybe someone was trying to force that door. I go to the basement steps and look down and turn the light on. I see white way across the basement on the floor by the dryer. I keep home supplies on shelves that are over the basement steps. I went downstairs and a package of Charmin had fallen or been thrown with such force from the overhead shelves that it was way on the other side of the basement. If it had just fallen from the shelf it would be at the bottom of the stairs-not way over across the basement. I've had stuff fall off that shelf but only if I've bumped something. I had not put anything on that shelf for several days.

I remember thinking: "Something's pissed off"

I had prayed the Rosary in the guest bedroom that evening. Normally, I'm either in my bedroom or the living room if I pray it at home.

I spent the rest of the evening waking up constantly and feeling threatened. I was praying to my Angel, St. Michael, St. Catherine, and invoking "I claim the protection of the Blood of the Lamb". It worked because I could feel it leave but it kept coming back.

I was also REALLY hot all over my body for hours. It's been chilly. I have all my windows closed overnight. I don't have my furnace on yet. I opened a window and that did not help. I'm almost 40 so maybe I'm almost menopausal, but don't women getting hot flashes sweat? My co-worker does. Strangely, I was not sweating at all. But, I was horribly hot.

Last night was somewhat unsettling as well. I remember waking up at one point, sitting up and saying: "What do you want?" and falling back asleep. It was not as bad as Monday evening though.

I don't want my friend (who is reading this) to feel like this expereince is in any way her fault so I debated even posting this. However, I wanted to share with you how prayer can work at combating those night demons. When I'm hit by evil, it is usually at night. I know Adoro has had similar experiences.

I am convinced that I really unnerved or scared the presence with the Rosary of Our Blessed Lady. I upset the balance. Things were just fine when I was lamely doing my dissident thing but now that I've brought the big guns to my guest's turf she's mad.

It also occurs to me that I never had my home blessed. I have blessed objects in the house but I never had the house itself blessed. When I bought the house, I was entrenched in my belief that home blessing was ridiculous. I've changed my thinking on that score. I think I'll invite Father over for dinner and ask him to bring his home blessing gear.

14 Comments:

Blogger swissmiss said...

Good plan of attack to have your house blessed!! Will send you my Guardian Angel too. I think he likes hot chocolate ;)

October 03, 2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not knowledgable in ghosts, however, I have heard of souls in purgatory who need our prayers will communicate as "ghosts." Could she perhaps be trying to let you know to pray for her too? Or does it not work that way??

October 03, 2007 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have always had our houses blessed by a priest. It's a nice way to get a blessing and also have dinner/conversation with them on a more personal level. The home we're in now was blessed by Bishop Pates! Now we're really covered...;)
L.

October 03, 2007 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely, get your house blessed ASAP. You will also want to sprinkle your room with holy water, that room, too. And keep praying!

Souls in purgatory do on occasion come back to deliver a message or make an appearance - St. Faustina spok of this.

But I think the spirit here has shown that she is more demon than friendly purgatorial matron.

~ Adoro

October 03, 2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

What a fascinating story. I like the Cat going with you to investigate - his ears back and all - he knew too. (My Cats pray the rosary with me too.)

I use holy water all the time, and bless the house, etc. It is good to have a priest bless the home. I would also increase the prayers for the souls in purgatory. Another defense is devotion to the Holy Face, along with the prayer, "Arise O Lord, and let your enemies be scattered, and may those that hate you flee before your Holy Face."

A priest recently told me of a convent of nuns that is undergoing similar disturbances and the nuns are increasing their prayers for the souls in purgatory. I haven't heard if it worked.

One more prayer with the holy water:
"Visit this house we beg you O Lord, and drive far from it all the snares of the enemy, may your holy Angels dwell here and keep us in peace, and may your blessing be always upon us. Amen."

That was the final blessing after Compline in the manastery every night.

Sleep tight.

October 03, 2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Had I read that post a few years ago, I suspect that I might have taken up a new pasttime other than reading blogs.

But some time ago I was listening to Colin Donovan, EWTN's chief theologian whose job it is to keep them all orthodox down there. Can you believe that they would need someone in a position like that?

Anyway he was doing the duty on their Open Line Q&A program on radio and somebody asked about ghosts and without a pause for reflection he said that it might be possible for souls in Purgatory to make visits back to earth if something needs to be done.

I almost passed out.

While I haven't experienced anything like that, I no longer scoff when I hear tales of ghosts.

And my new Confessor, actually the first one that I have kind of considered to be permanent, regularly reminds me to say the "Angel of God" prayer to my Guardian Angel.

He had been pretty much neglected by me for virtually all of my life.
But I'm getting better now at praying to him and thinking about him for support. But I need a great deal of improvement.

I like the idea of "loaning him out" now and then.

Thanks, Cathy.

October 03, 2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks for the great advice and support! I knew if I blogged it, my friends would come to help!

October 03, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

This is not good!

Get some exorcism salt and water and have a priest bless your home ASAP. Often having a Mass said in your home with the purpose of ridding evil spirits will deliver a home for good!

I pray for your deliverance from this evil!

October 04, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Thanks, Cathy...for everything.

October 04, 2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: I'm glad to hear from you. I was getting worried.

October 05, 2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Your priest should have a special prayer for house exorcisms. When we moved into our home there was a 'presence' that emanated bad odors, caused nightmares and horrible fits of temper in one of our children, and caused us all to wake up at 3 AM. I told a priest about this and he said he would come the very next day. He blessed our house, room by room, and our barn out back. He heard our Confessions and we gathered in a circle to pray. This brought about an immediate difference, but something did come back for that one child. I spent more than one night laying my hands on him and praying the presence away. Also I called often on St. Michael and he came. His presence was much stronger than the evil one. We have been free of this spirit for ten years now. I have never stopped calling on Michael.

October 05, 2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Excellent idea to bless your home!

October 05, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Cathy, I am so busy at my job I have much less time to blog and read blogs. I have 3 days off this weekend so I am going to play catch up!

October 05, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

All: Thanks for all the great advice and concern-as well as prayers!

Angela: I hear ya!

October 06, 2007 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page