September 20, 2007

Who Shot Who?

Drew owes me a cup of coffee. Yes, he was quoting from the National Review but I saw this on Our Word and Welcome to It! first.


If I were Elisabeth Hasselbeck, I would refuse to sit next to Barry Manilow. After all, "I Write the Songs" has officially been categorized as a war crime by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Here at home, even Wayne LaPierre supports legislation to declare "Mandy" an assault weapon deserving of a complete ban. This is not to say that Manilow hasn't been of service to his country, albeit inadvertently. Unconfirmed reports claim that Abu Zubaydah would not break, even with a bullet in his groin, until they played 15 seconds of "I Can't Smile Without You," whereupon he cried like a little girl.

ROFL!! LMAO!!!! Excuse me, while I go replace the coffee that I spewed and clean up my keyboard.

I know some of you out there are renaming your Manilow iPod playlist or hiding your Manilow CD's.

10 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Cathy, just let me know where to send the gift certificate. :-)

Drew

September 20, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I was waiting for someone to comment on Barry Manilow. His behavior reminds me of one of our neighbors. We had some problems with some dangerous dogs that one neighbor owned. This neighbor mentioned it to another neighbor. This other neighbor had nothing whatsoever to do with the problems between the first neighbors and ourselves, but decided to insert themselves into the fray. Manilow may be buddies with Rosie, but that doesn't mean he has to stick his nose into the fight. He doesn't have a horse in the race.

At least you only spit out coffee and not the ritzy wine you had been drinking ;}

September 20, 2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Drew: Maybe Mitchell needs to have a party? I love starting parties at someone else's home. LOL!

swissmiss: Gosh, I don't start drinking wine that early in the day. I, at least, wait until 11 a.m.!

September 20, 2007 1:20 PM  
Anonymous romalindy said...

Hey!! I really like the song Mandy it has a really beautiful melody.

Here is a youtube link to a piano version of the song.

Listen for yourself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pBZE92FFufU&mode=related&search=

September 21, 2007 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Mandy was really written about a dog.

L.

September 21, 2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I was surprised to learn how intolerant Barry is.

I love the way Elizabeth used to fight with Rosie!

September 21, 2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I think Kristen Shepard shot J.R. - what does Barry Manilow have to do with anything?

September 22, 2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Terry: Did J.R. push Kristen into the pool?

September 23, 2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Wasn't that Dynasty - Alexis and Crystal? LOL!

(Why do I know this stuff?)

September 23, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Terry: That was one of the great onscreen cat fights of all time! Plus, you are a man. How can you fail to know stuff like that? Gosh, we all know about your passion for female mud wrestling.

September 23, 2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page