September 19, 2007

Who Appointed You Commander-in-Chief?


When I was growing up, I liked to test my parent's authority by making outrageous proclamations like: "I'm not going to school ever again" or "I'm not going to do my chores". My Dad's response was usually: "Who appointed you Commander-in-chief" "I did." "You've just been overthrown. I'm getting my belt" "Oh, wait, I'll step down!"

I don't want to give the impression that my Dad was in the continual habit of administering corporal punishment. My Dad actually spanked me 3 times in my whole life. The "threat" alone was usually more then enough.

But, my Dad's point was someone else was in charge. Not me. Just because I said so did not make it Truth nor did it mean I could make all the decisions.

The phrase "We Are Church" reminds me very much of bratty children trying to claim authority they don't have simply by saying that they do.

Is "We Are Church" made up of the collective membership of "I Am Church"? Think about it. It, certainly, seems to me that a lot of relativists make up the "We are Church"

To the people who say: "I am church!" Which parish? Imagine everyone proclaiming: "I am the Nativity of the Lord!" or "I am St. Andrew!" or "I am the Cathedral of St. Paul!"

You may want to think about sandblasting your exterior.

True, we are collective members of Christ's Body which means we are all supposed to be accepting and believing the same things as Truth. Unfortunately, some people want the club's Articles of Incorporation changed to say: "whatever I want" Do all the individual members of "We are Church" agree with the same things? The entire movement appears to affirm it's fine if everyone in the club has an entirely different ideology from anyone else. If everyone in the group has different beliefs, what do they have in common outside of their dislike of the BIG BAD Church? Oh, wait, that is what they have in common.

I like the gals who decide they are Catholic priests because they say so. I continue to be upset that no one recognizes that I'm the Papal Nuncio to the United States. I don't need credentials. I don't need to be a man or a priest. I say I am so everyone should acknowledge what I say as true. Gee, isn't that a terrifying idea. Everything I, major nutter, says is true!.

Just because you say you are a member of the Church does that make it true? Anyone can say anything. Are you actually living what you claim by your daily example? When you tell people that you are a Roman Catholic are they stunned? Are they surprised because they assumed based upon your complete disagreement from most Church teachings, your blatant dislike of the Holy Father, and your residence in Minnesota, that you are a Lutheran?

Are you holy just because you say so? Is your loved one a Saint just because you say so? When you get to Heaven (I hope!) are you going to be telling the Lord what He should do with you just because you say so?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Say, Ms. Nuncio, I've got a list of 50 bishops or so that I want to send you so that you can have them sent to their original titular sees, permanently.

Please begin with Cardinal Mahony, who, I note, should be scheduled to re-assigned to Tamascani, in Mauritania. I wish him luck.

What's your snail mail address?

September 19, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Nicely put!

September 22, 2007 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page