September 18, 2007

No Catholics Need Apply

The Catholic blogosphere is full of outrage, and rightly so, over the hiring of Kathy Saile to the position of Domestic Policy Director for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). I'm sad. I suppose we are to infer that the USCCB couldn't find any qualified Catholics in the entire United States, who actually live and accept Church teachings, who were willing to take on such an important position.

In local news:

"Is this where the Catholic Bible Study is?"

Don't look for it in Bloomington, Minnesota.

Adoro's "old friend" Ms. Ross is back.

Why is it that there are so many Catholics unwilling to explore the Faith they profess on a deeper level? Or, is every Catholic an expert on the Faith and I'm the only dummy left? Does every Roman Catholic know everything there is to know about the One Church established by Christ Jesus and that's why they decide to take courses on Hinduism, Buddhism, Shamanism, Protestantism and Islam at their local Catholic parish? Are all Pastors completely confident that their flock understands even the basics of Church teaching so they give their permission for these non-Catholic religion courses to be at their parish?

I don't understand.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Is Ross currently teaching someplace? I don't see a link.

September 18, 2007 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Kathy Saile actually Catholic or Lutheran?(because of her former job as assoc. director of Lutheran services) I tried to do a web search, but I didn't come up with much.
Good post. I admit that I do not know everything about the Church. I'd love to learn more about my faith from our priests before I venture into intensive study of other religions.
Blessings,
Lisa

September 18, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

I don't get it either.

LUU-CCY--
you have some 'splaining to do !!

September 18, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger a thorn in the pew said...

Yuck. That speaks volumes about the state of the USCCB.

September 18, 2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Man, the USCCB is embarrassing.

September 20, 2007 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page