September 12, 2007

The Cute Animal Post

"Thou must post at least one photo on thy blog of a cute animal. Thus, thy readers may be amazed and disarmed by the tenderness they did not expect. If that doesn't work, post a YouTube clip of yourself embracing a burning hot cauldron with your bare arms as a sign of how into my TV show you are" --Kwai Chang Caine

As promised a few days ago, here are some photos of my two cats: Kaylen and Sodak. Kaylen is the black and white female. She is 2 1/2 years old. Sodak is the black male. He is a little over 2 years old.

I adopted Kaylen from Cause for Paws. Her foster Mom had given her the name of Kaylen before I got her so I kept that name. I fell in love with her the minute I held her. She is really a sweetie pie. Quite the cuddler. Her favorite pastime, when she's not trying to sit on my computer keyboard, is seeking warm places to sleep-usually Mom's stomach.

Two friends of mine found Sodak as a kitten in a remote area in South Dakota. Hence, his name Sodak. He was only a few months old when I got him. I had just put my old 18-year old cat to sleep a few months before. My friends brought him to me hoping I'd adopt him. He was so cute. I could not resist. Sodak's favorite pastime is driving me crazy by doing something disruptive (picking a fight with Kaylen, dashing around the house, using his nails where he shouldn't be) when I'm trying to work.

It's tough to get good photos of them because they usually move-even if I get up close.




8 Comments:

Blogger swissmiss said...

Aw, I love cats! Yours look very sweet! The more cuddly, the better.

We put our cat to sleep last summer. We get him when we first got married, so he was about 18 too. The kids really seem to like dogs, so anticipate getting one in a few years. I've never had a dog, only cats, so it will be a new experience.

September 12, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

A librarian with cats! I am shocked, I say, shocked!

Yours look like grade A fluffballs. I would be a proud mother.

September 12, 2007 9:08 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUte!

September 12, 2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

They are the cutest! Too bad they don't go to school with Aggie and Xena-Celine!

September 13, 2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks all!

Laurie: I know! Hey, I even have books in my house too! :-)

Terry: The Principal would call me the first day because both would refuse to wear the uniform. Well, they would refuse to wear clothes period. There is such a thing as feline dignity.

September 13, 2007 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loove your kitties! They are so, so, cute! I have a longhair calico named Chloe, plus a b/w tuxedo cat named Tux, along with our Grande Dame Smokey. How often do you need to vacuum after Mlle. Kaylen -- Miss Chloe sheds like crazy, and I've assured her she's my first and last longhair! Anyway, they're both gorgeous, and please give them a chin-tickle and head rub from me and les chats canadiens!

Patricia Gonzalez

September 13, 2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Patricia:
Oui, certainement! Merci.

I have to vacuum after Mlle. Kaylen at least once/week. Sodak hardly sheds at all. It's worth it though.

September 13, 2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger 123 123 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 18, 2009 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page