August 07, 2007

Sisterhood Slumber Party!



Little do they know there will be some uninvited guests....(bwah-ha-ha-ha!)

Angela recently did a post about Bloggers who mean a lot to her. I meditated on it for a while, intending to do a similar post. Then, last night I had the strangest dream....

Angela, Ma Beck, Christine, The Cannonball, Julie D, Adoro and I were at some big beautiful house. You know, one of those big Home Alone like houses owned by people you secretly hate but feel like you must pray for because the the odds are they won't make it to Heaven kind of houses?

All of us gals were having a slumber party in the big living room by the fireplace! But, there was little slumber to be had.

Cell phones kept going off because Ma's husband kept calling for advice about the kids. Angela's son was calling from boot camp. Julie's family was calling wondering why they couldn't find her. The Cannonball was on a tirade about the lack of support she's getting for the extraordinary Mass in her Diocese. Christine wanted to talk about the collected films of Pauly Shore but no one would engage with her in that conversation. Adoro was in the corner studying. I was roasting a pig that I shot in the fireplace.

But, eventually, our natural good humor and comaraderie asserted itself, the phones quit ringing, and we spent the rest of the evening doing girlie things that guys think all women do when they get together: did our nails, curled each others hair, read Scripture, sang "Without You" really loudly, talked about shower cleansers, mud wrestled, pierced each others ears, gave each other commemorative tattoos. The usual.



The doorbell rang and it was Father Z! Father said he was in the neighborhood and wanted to see if anyone needed help. He could hear Confessions. I told him it is always great to see him but he brings too much class to this dream so would he please leave before he is dishonored? He left.

Suddenly, Christine swore she saw a face in the window. (Mary Worth, is that you?) We all went to investigate. Fortunately, Adoro and I both have conceal and carry licenses so we were ready for any trouble.

PANTY RAID!!!!!

A male voice, that I swore I recognized, pierced the night!

Two big men stood outside in really ill-fitting and sloppy clothes. They did not bother with costumes or camo. Good thing, because these two could be recognized anywhere. Yes, it was Terry and Ray. Ray couldn't keep a straight face but Terry was looking kind of intense.

Behind them a figure stood in the shadows. "Gentlemen, I don't think this is appropriate behavior" Mitchell emerged from the dark resplendent in a black tux with a pale blue vest (very nice, the ladies were impressed). Terry was really upset: "I told you, Ray, that we should've gone formal!"

No one can be sure what happened after that because Adoro suddenly started screaming "There's a big spider"!!!! A shot rang out and the dream ended.

30 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I don't know what to make of this. I'm sure I'll think of something.

August 07, 2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Richie D said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 07, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

You shot a pig in the fireplace? You could lose your permit for that...HUGE NO-NO, discharging weapon within city limits, and I'm certain that extends to fireplaces. Besides...now the smoke is going to go through the hole in the wall and not up through the chimney.

Then again...that spider HAD to die, so that's my defense. He was going to jump on me! We'll work to cook up a defense for why you shot the pig in the fireplace...

Oh, and I was singing "The Story" by Brandi Carlile. "All of these lines across my face, tell you the story of who I am, all the stories of where I've been and how I got to where I am....but these stories don't mean anything when you've got no one to tell them to...."

:-)

Love Mitchell...just perfect. "This isn't appropriate behavior, gentlemen" ROFL!

August 07, 2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

I KNEW someone would pick up on "in the fireplace" and turn that around. I was also 99% sure it would be Adoro.

Terry, I know you've been out of it for a while. However, I'm confident you'll be up to full speed soon.

Richie: I'm happy you've picked up on my cry for help er, prayer. :-0

August 07, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

YOU'RE QUITTING YOUR JOB ??

But the world needs librarians. They are soo cool. They are Renaissance people, they know something about everything.
You ask them to help you find something, and they don't give up, even though I am ready to.

But, before you go, can you get me a copy of Pauline Kael's article
“Come-Dressed-as-the-Sick-Soul-of-Europe Parties.” Please?

August 07, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Richie: There's a difference between job and career.

"And that's all I want to say about that"--Forrest Gump

Is that an actual article by Pauline Kael or are you pulling my leg? She must have been reviewing a Fellini film when she wrote that.

August 07, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Getting Terry away from his back yard shrine took too much work. I had to lasso him and do that quick tying technique cowboys use in the calf roping contests.

Formal wear would have been ruined as I did that (record time, by the way) and then pushed him into the back seat of Bill, my vintage car.

August 07, 2007 3:24 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Cathy, a simple rephrasing of that sentence would have staved me off. But you know me so well! ROFL!

August 07, 2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Oh - this was about quitting your job? Huh? I thought the story was about Ray and me meeting up with Mitchell for a drink. (Mitchell always upstages everyone.)

August 07, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

Yes, Cathy, “Come-Dressed-as-the-Sick Soul-of-Europe Parties,” really does exist as an essay by Pauline Kael. It was written as a review to an Antonioni film. I would not lie to my doctor, my confessor or to a librarian.

August 07, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Richie - Your comment led me to look up Kael's essay and I discovered Antonioni had died on August 1! I missed that because of the bridge collapse I guess. I loved his movies!

August 07, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

http://i11.tinypic.com/6f9rhn9.jpg

August 07, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Vincenzo! Wait 'till Cathy sees this! LOL!

August 07, 2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Okayeeeeeeeee! Vincenzo, having examined the photo closely - that is not me in the wife-beater tank top next to Ray behind the bar - AND Mitchell wears glasses. Have you seeeeeeeeen my profile photos?

You're good though! (Are you stalking Cathy?;)

August 07, 2007 8:03 PM  
Anonymous tori spelling said...

Cathy, hon, this is a pathetic cry for attention.

August 07, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks Tori, er, Terry. Seriously, I hope you are out catching up on gossip mags because you are WAY off your game.

Vincenzo: I LOVE IT!!!! It's almost worthy of an "adult eyes only" or was that "For Your Eyes Only"? Gosh, I'm so confused. I'd ask Terry but he's too busy trying to rent every Antonioni film he can find.

Ray: Well, somebody has to pry Terry away from his shrine.

Richie: I should look up that article. I enjoyed Pauline Kael's movie reviews. I miss her. I did not always agree with her but she was a character and a personality. She was beyond her reviews.

August 07, 2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"Vincenzo, having examined the photo closely - that is not me in the wife-beater tank top next to Ray behind the bar"

Oh! She implied that was you in her 7/03/07 post.

August 07, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger Our Word said...

My apologies for not commenting sooner. I was busy thinking up a suitable rejoinder, one that would be suitably clever. I must admit, you've made me look awfully good in this one...

Rest assured, by tomorrow you'll hear from me at the big site. :-)

Mitchell

August 07, 2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 07, 2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Vince - you have a long memory don't you. LOL!

August 07, 2007 10:18 PM  
Anonymous nurse diesel said...

I think you are all very disturbed people.

August 07, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

nurse diesel: Terry made me do it!!!

Mitchell: uh-oh

Terry: Vincenzo KNOWS and SEES all.

August 08, 2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

22 comments on one post. That probably indicates that there have been over 100 viewers.

I think I'm going to have to hire Vincenzo to make me a few mud wrestling images to bolster up my stats.

August 08, 2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: Why do you need to hire Vincenzo? You can just scan those female mud wrestling photos in your apartment!

August 08, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Richie D said...

from the day late and a dollar short department:

What did you have for dinner that might have caused this surreal dream?

August 08, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Dinner? Good question. I don't remember. Of course, I don't remember a lot of things...:-)

August 08, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"Ray: Why do you need to hire Vincenzo? You can just scan those female mud wrestling photos in your apartment!"

http://i17.tinypic.com/689jkgi.jpg

August 08, 2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Our Word said...

I have replied here. And actually, you've led me into yet another archane, obscure, if somewhat vaguely interesting topic.

Mitchell

August 08, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Mitchell: I'm glad I've broadened your mind! LOL!

Vincenzo: ROFL!

August 09, 2007 5:46 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

LMAO! too funny!

August 09, 2007 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page