August 29, 2007

Not in My Happy Place Right Now

I'm really angry today. I, of all people, probably have no business being angry over this particular issue, and I'm well aware of it. Some people tell me righteous anger can be a good thing; if you are angry about a worthy subject that's o.k. I'm not so sure. I don't think anger is healthy. Frequently, and you've probably noticed this already, I heal or mask my anger with laughter and/or sarcasm.

I'm never so angry as when I'm angry on another person's behalf. Many of you probably know what I mean. When a friend or a loved one is attacked, you are angrier for that then you are for people attacking you.

A blogger friend has really been under fire recently from a gentleman who claims to be a Catholic but dumps at least 1/2 of the Church's teachings. Especially, those teachings that don't permit him to live his gay lifestyle.

My friend has had his sexuality openly questioned. Why? Because my friend has several blog posts illustrating how the practice of gay sexuality is contrary to God's plan and is destructive. Just because my friend has dared to post Truth, he's under attack by a bothersome gnat.

Is a person being attacked for posting the Truth new? No. If a person is incapable of making a rational argument, they will try attacking the person making the argument. It's like a child retorting: "Your Momma!" for lack of a better counter-argument.

I should just let it all go. I used to make the CINO doing the attacking look like a raging conservative. I think what has set me off is the CINO in question is citing as evidence some of the same "experts" that I used to listen to, hang out with, take coursework from, read etc. I just want to scream: "You are being cruelly misled!!!!" So, I just did.

I have a unhealthy dose of rage, which I try really hard to temper with prayer, but it doesn't always work. My rage is aimed at the "catholic" experts, the "catholic" religious, the "catholic" priests, the "catholic" teachers, who hide behind their degrees, their tenure, their authority, their collars, and their habits. They have zero respect for the Church and spend all their time undermining it and corrupting souls with their lying filth.

If they want to believe their own deceptions that's one thing. But, when you try to push that garbage on other people, then I have a problem with you. I was led down the merry path of dissent by you for decades.

Are vows meaningless? Are oaths ridiculous? No wonder so many Catholics break Sacramental vows. We see "catholics" who took oaths to uphold and teach, believe and profess, the Faith break their promises every day.

10 Comments:

Blogger Richie D said...

It's 3PM-- for all of humanity, for sinners, for those who have fallen away, for thos who keep the faith :

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You! (Sister Faustina)

August 29, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 29, 2007 3:27 PM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 29, 2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger the Mom said...

We'll include you in prayer this evening. Sounds like you could use a hug, but you're too far north for me, so how about a decade instead?

I don't understand why those who seek to undermine the Church would choose to stay in a place where they must be so unhappy, but then, they are doing the devil's work and are right where he wants them, misleading innocent souls.

oh, btw, I added you to my blogroll. I love what you do. Keep it up!

August 29, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Whew, you nailed it, again, Cathy.

I also have read those posts and am debating with myself on how to best defend our blogging pal without just providing another platform for the dissidents to spread their mis-information. I'll have to keep it over on their platform.

August 29, 2007 6:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

the Mom: Thank you for your prayers. I'm devoting my evening prayers to reversion of the dissident heart and for an increase of mercy in mine.

August 29, 2007 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally don't think your anger is healthy. You should stop judging people just because they don't share your beliefs. Whether you want to admit it or not, he truth is no one, including the pope, knows for sure what happens to us after we die or what God expects of us. Our conscience should be our number one guide. If you choose to believe in the church's teachings and what the Bible says, you and other strongly religious people need to realize that you cannot prove these things. They are based on faith alone. That's all fine and good, but don't call other people names and criticize them because they don't share your beliefs. Want to be in a happier place? Try not being so judgmental.

September 01, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ah, I see the atheists are back. Gee, it's only been a few months.

September 01, 2007 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's your response to my comment? First of all, I am not an atheist. And second, your "response" tells me I'm right and you just don't want to admit it, so you dismiss me.

September 01, 2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

What is it you said? Your comment has nothing to do with this post.

September 02, 2007 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page