July 27, 2007

Random Silliness



I had a plan this week to have Terry type my blog posts for me while my hand was healing but he decided to try and use my blog for his screed on why he thinks all Lectors should be large-breasted women in flesh colored, spaghetti-strapped, tank tops. Mercifully, I put a kibosh on his plan before he posted it. On his way out, he stepped in my flower bed and crushed half of my impatiens. Thanks, Big Foot!

No, that is not really Terry in the illustration by Vincenzo but I think Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is an accurate reflection of the fact that Terry is, continually, trying to figure out who he is.

I've yet to see a recommendation for what one should do if you approach your pastor requesting the Extraordinary form and he retorts that you have no business asking for it because you are unstable. [LOL! I crack myself up!] I don't recall Summorum Pontificum stating mental competency is a prerequisite for requesting the Extraordinary form. However, reading most of the press around S.P. it's clear a lot of folks want us to believe you'd have to be crazy to want the Extraordinary form. Speaking of crazy, look at all we've had to put up with from the whackadoos who've decided (with no basis in reality) what we should have to suffer thru every Sunday for the Ordinary form for the last several, oh, DECADES?! Now that I think about it, maybe mental compentency should be tested on everyone who works on liturgy coordination? On third thought, I don't want to see more A.P.A. political proclamations. On fourth thought, the last thing we need is more liturgy coordinators.

I'm back, and goofier then ever! Must be those pain meds.....Naw, I'm goofy anyway. LOL!

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Maybe you hit your head when you fell off the bus - it was the heels with parachute pants outfit that made you fall, I'm sure.

Glad you are back.

July 27, 2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Thank goodness, the quality of my reading material has just markedly improved.

But my referee duties will have to be resumed, I suppose, too.

Welcome back, Cathy! Will we be getting an extensive road trip report? Or will we just have to imagine it?

July 27, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Hmmm...at this point, (since I've been back for a while) I'm not sure what value a road trip report would be.

Terry, already thinks I spent my vacation in a drunken stupor. LOL!

July 27, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

Speaking of goofiness, my hand has been tingling and going numb for the past week. :-O It must be some strange supernatural blog empathy phenomena!

July 28, 2007 1:25 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Vincenzo: Uh-oh. Too much photoshopping?

July 28, 2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

That's probably it.

July 28, 2007 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page