June 15, 2007

Vanity Thy Name is (Insert Name Here)

This week my parish is having photos taken for an updated parish directory. It's a great idea. But, I could not help but notice that people dressed nicer for the photo session then they do for Mass. Honestly, am I expected to recognize these people in the photos from what they look like every Sunday? They wear a t-shirt and shorts to Mass but there they are in suit and tie or a nice dress and blouse for their directory photo.

Why is it when it comes to personal vanity an individual will take great care with their appearance but when it comes to worshiping the Lord your appearance doesn't matter?

6 Comments:

Blogger elena maria vidal said...

So bizarre. I wish I understood how people's minds work.

June 15, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

LJ!

June 15, 2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

Your priest should mention that in a homily.
It's a golden opportunity.
I would say exactly what you just said.

June 15, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ma: Good idea. I know he reads my blog. Just in case, I'll, tactfully, bring it up.

June 15, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I know this is serious and it is a good point, to be sure.

But I just can't help suggesting that you dress up like Edith Prickly for your glamor shot. (Remember her? Andrea Martin's character from SCTV?)

Have a nice weekend with the girls!

June 15, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Good grief, if I'm going to look like Edith Prickly, I better buy some new clothes!

June 15, 2007 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page