June 18, 2007

I Wish Someone Would Tell Me About Me


Like, Terry said I was entertaining out of town guests this weekend. No Liszt was played over and over as I stared into a martini glass looking for a reason to go on.

It was a great weekend.

I suffered thru the Twins loss to the Brewers Saturday night. I was at the game. Can we have an honest discussion about closing the borders? I think the border with Wisconsin should be closed. What do you think? I know I should be glad that the Brewers are FINALLY having a good season but Wisconsin fans are insufferable. Don't even get me started on the Packer lunatics.

Twins won on Sunday though! Ha-ha!

Tough road trip ahead: Mets and then the Tigers.

My guy, Martin Truex Jr. ALMOST won at Michigan on Sunday. It was nice to see Carl do his flip again. Which Junior who? #8 fans are having a STROKE that he's going to Hendrick.

Oh, by the by, two local bloggers will be at a Theology on Tap at City Tavern in Coon Rapids tomorrow night at 7:00. Rumor has it that the subject will be New Age/Occult and the Dangers of. Hmmmm...who could it be? All I know is one likes to meditate on breadcrusts and the other one likes to watch fast cars and cute guys go 'round and 'round. It's breadcrust's party but the other one is along for the ride.

As Lino Rulli says: It's empty again now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

My flight comes in at 2PM...can you pick me up at the airport?

June 18, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

You're coming to Minneapolis! LOL! That's awesome!

Are you flying on to Chicago next?

June 18, 2007 9:19 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cathy, this is my favorite photo of you! You are so darn cute when you're angry.

June 18, 2007 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Margo said...

"I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut."

So go to Theology On Tap by yourself!

June 18, 2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Are you guys going in disguise, or are you bringing your laptops along to take notes on theological heresies or liturgical violations?

Or do I have this all wrong and you will be the featured speakers, bringing enlightenment to uncatechized of Anoka County?

June 18, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Ray,

I've been to several Theology on Taps...they tend to be very solid, theologically. Often the speakers are priests. Up in my area, last month's speaker discussed NFP and contraception.

The group in genral also tends to be made up of very knowledgable Catholics.

And liturgical violations! LOL! We're going to be in a BAR! That would be HUGE if the attending priest decided to try to consecrate whatever's on tap!

LOL!

June 19, 2007 5:59 AM  
Anonymous L said...

Yea...hubby got a great Father's Day gift with tickets to the Twins win on Sunday!
I'll have to check out Theology on Tap sometime..."boozin' with the Bible" sounds like great fun!:)

Enjoy this glorious day,
L.

June 19, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: Are you pulling my hair or are you really coming in today? If you are here you should try and come up to the ToT! I'm still at work at 2.

Margo: Hi Terry.

L: Adoro will KILL me if I sit there and booze (consecrated or not! LOL!) and render myself incapable of lending assistance if she needs it.

June 19, 2007 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan to indulge in an adult beverage or 2. You can feel free...and I plan to order food to eat, too. That's all part of the experience (but not rquired by any means.) :-)

~ Adoro

June 19, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Sorry Cathy...I was making a funny. 20 lashes on my backside with a wet noodle for scaring you!

June 19, 2007 3:06 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: It wasn't scary, I was very excited at the thought of you coming but dismayed that I could not pick you up at the airport!

June 19, 2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger diana said...

I'm insufferable? :(

June 20, 2007 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page