June 23, 2007

Dinner and a Movie-The Good Life

A friend kindly acquiesed to dinner and a movie with me yesterday evening. Anytime, someone assents to being seen with me in public is an occasion of rejoicing for me!

I HIGHLY recommend Arezzo Ristorante in Edina if you are in the mood for good Italian food and in a position to spend some $$$. We split an order of Piatto Di Formaggio and Insalata Novella. For entrees we had Ravioli Neri al Caprino and Salamone al Forno. Both were wonderful. The Panna Cotta for dessert was disappointing. But, that was the only wrong note. Extensive wine list. The Lagaria 2005 Pinot Grigio was delightful with this meal. The service was attentive. They have an outdoor seating area but it was too wet from the recent rains. The dining area is intimate and dark (good romantic ambiance!).

We ROLLED out of the restaurant and saw Paris Je'Taime a French film with quite an international cast in a series of short films by various directors. ALL of the shorts were good and/or interesting. Several of them were superbly done. I highly recommend it.

It's wonderful to be alive. Thanks Be to God!

9 Comments:

Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

You have friends! Friends who like Italian!

I'm so jealous. I wish I had friends.

June 23, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL evening!
And I'd really like to see that film.

(Adoro, I wish I had friends, too.)
:)

June 23, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger elena maria vidal said...

So glad to hear about someone having a lovely evening on the town. Life is beautiful.

June 23, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: Anytime you want to go, let me know! Hey, aren't you and I getting together Monday evening anyway? What do you mean, you have no friends?

June 23, 2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

:-)

June 23, 2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

We ROLLED out of the restaurant...

I hear you do like the booze! LOL!

June 24, 2007 1:16 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"For entrees we had Ravioli Neri al Caprino and Salamone al Forno. Both were wonderful. The Panna Cotta for dessert was disappointing. But, that was the only wrong note. Extensive wine list. The Lagaria 2005 Pinot Grigio was delightful with this meal."

You're making me hungry!

June 24, 2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

(from the day late and dollar short department)

re: "a series of short films by various directors." Was the name of that series "Chacon son cinema"?
translated as "To each his own cinema," but you knew that already"? Was Roman Polanski one of the directors?

June 25, 2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

richie: No, Roman Polanski was not one of the directors, which now that I think about it, kind of surprises me.

June 25, 2007 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page