June 13, 2007

Bone Tired

Too tired to blog, too tired to call anyone, too tired to email...

I spent 6 hours today in my yard. Pruning bushes, cutting the grass, trimming, pruning some flowers, fertilizing and laying down some topsoil.

My body feels like it will be 70 next year rather than 40.

I took much of this week off of work to get some long overdue home projects done.

Friends: Isn't the thought of company coming a strong motivating factor? LOL! I'm expecting two house guests this weekend. Originally, it was going to be four but two people can't make it. I KNOW that my guests are not going to say anything if something is "out of order". It's just that it bugs ME. Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning inside the house and making sure my extra bedding is washed. I'm sure tomorrow night, I'll be tired too.

In all things: Praise God. I spent all day thanking God for the gift of my yard and my home. I'm very fortunate and I know it. I don't always show Him that I'm grateful. I should, but I don't. I took some time out at Noon to pray the Angelus when I heard the St. Agnes bells. Take some time out of your summer to thank God. You won't be sorry.

7 Comments:

Anonymous L said...

You summed it up beautifully..."In all things: Praise God." I am so fortunate too, for my family, friends who visit us here, and everything that I have. Minnesota summers are THE BEST, praise God!
Peace,
L.

June 13, 2007 8:34 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

I've been feeling very grateful to God lately, too. He is so good.

And yes, I do nothing but bitch and moan, but I am so thankful for so many things.

Especially that I don't have to do yard work in 90 degree humidity.

Seriously, though, I would like yardwork more than vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom.

June 13, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

The last time I was seriously cleaning the house, my son asked if grandma was coming to visit! I keep a pretty clean house considering I have two kids under 4, but when people come to visit, things get kicked into high gear. Must be some virtue, prudence?, I need to work on to learn to let things go. And, like you said, thanks be to God I am able to physically clean the house and have a house to clean.

June 13, 2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

Cathy--

there is an old Polish saying (translated). "To have a guest in your home, is to have GOD in your home."

I do not mean for you to be more anxious about your guests, just remember that GOD is with you every moment of your life for HIS greater glory.

Have a Blessed weekend, and, for the greater glory of God, share with us what you will on Monday(between 11-Noon Central ;}

Peace

June 13, 2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Richie: Oh no, now I'm really anxious! j/k.

Adoro: I HATE vacuuming though I don't mind cleaning the bathroom. Being outside on a fine day is fabulous-even if you are working.

June 14, 2007 4:29 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I also have much to be grateful to God for!

June 14, 2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Christine: I know YOU do! :-)

June 14, 2007 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page