June 11, 2007

Archdiocesan Corpus Christi Procession

Check Veritatis Splendor blog in the coming days for photos. Mary says she took several hundred pictures. I think she was kidding. I don't know, maybe not. She had quite an arsenal of photography equipment on her.

Beautiful day. Sunny, a bit windy, warm.

The Procession left from the School of Law at the University of St. Thomas and processed thru Loring Park (OH, the irony!) to the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis. I would say there were at least 200 people with a sizeable representation of clergy and religious.

Fr. Joseph Johnson of the Cathedral of St. Paul was the principal Celebrant.

I looked forward to just attending and not having to do anything but Adore and Process. Unfortunately, I can't go to anything these days without being recognized since my blog buddies are in the thick of everything Archdiocesan these days. I ended up with the grueling task of carrying a walkie-talkie so the procession could hear the Cantor. The Cantor was another blogger, Geometricus. One of his daughters was the Reader. The nuns were really working her to encourage her vocation! She's pretty young yet, but who knows, but God? Geometricus probably doesn't have a voice today. He did a fine job.

Ray and Mary did a really good job. Ray, especially, since he had to give last minute directions to some critically needed folks!

It's really an unforgettable experience to approach the Basilica in Procession and hear those bells start up when they see us coming.

Dan of Believe and Profess blog was there with one of his kids. He still has no reasonable explanation for why his blog is silent these days: other than, he's been busy instructing Catholic youth and helping his family. What kind of an excuse is that?! :-)

Afterwards, about 10 of us processed to Buca di Beppo for dinner. Ray and I ended up there first and could not get a table because we had no headcount. No worries, Buca has a bar so you can guess where I waited. Now that I think about it, I probably could've spent the rest of the Sabbath Day doing something else but when I see liquor and food I don't always think clearly.

Passing howler for the day: The manager of Buca came up to me in the bar to see if I was with the group and asked: "Are you Corpus Christi?" I know I look good, but not THAT good.

Archdiocesan News: Lots of good gossip, rumors, half-truths, innuendo and wishful thinking to be had at this event. And you aren't getting ANY of it out of me! LOL!

10 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Ah...but are we not the Body of Christ?! giggle...

June 11, 2007 3:11 PM  
Blogger japhy said...

My diocese never got back to me with an answer to my "which parishes in our diocese will have a procession for Corpus Christi" question. :(

There's always next year.

June 11, 2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Our very own "Terry-of-the-many-blogs" emailed in a pathetic excuse as to why he was a "No-Show!"

He complained that the Diamond Lake Bridge was down. True enough.

But let's see in Minneapolis what are the available alternatives to that freeway overpass: 1st ave., 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Park, Chicago, Nicollet, Pillsbury, Lyndale, Aldrich, Bryant, Colfax, Dupont. . . . etc.?

Terry could find none of those avenues to get downtown?

Sigh!

June 11, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: True. But, I figured as I was holding a Jack and Coke that the time was not, perhaps, right to start making a Theological clarification. LOL!

Japhy: Keep asking. Maybe one day they will get with it! Say, when's the wedding?

Terry, a man of many excuses. He should've called your for directions, Ray!

June 11, 2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

What did Terry look like when he made his excuse? Never mind the bridge...what was he WEARING? And which persona did he take on at the time?

Thanks for the info, Corpus...ah...Cathy. I do wish I was there. I was thinking of you all, though!

June 11, 2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger japhy said...

Cathy: yeah, I know. Perhaps I can convince my parish to hold one next year.

I'm getting married in less than two weeks now! June 23rd! We're taking some waltz dance lessons this week.

June 11, 2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Geometricus said...

I have a voice left! I was really only getting warmed up at the procession. I conducted the first meeting of the Gregorian Chant group tonight which met at St. Raphael's in Crystal. Six guys total, and we didn't sound half bad! Ray can actually sing you guys! And Dan from Believe and Profess can also carry a good tune. Any of you men in the Twin Cities who want to learn chant this summer come and join us Mondays at 7 at my parish: http://www.straphaelcrystal.org/

June 11, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Jeepers, my secret is out. Geometricus was supposed to keep my enrollment in his class a secret.

Once they hear me sing Salve Regina or the Proper for the Fourteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time, I suppose I'll now be attracting groupies to Stella Borealis.

I'll probably have to hire some thugs to keep the screamers (female and I suppose male, too) away from me.

June 12, 2007 12:02 AM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

A Jack and Coke...ROFLMAO!!!
Yes, I better plan my next trip east to have a stopover in Minnesota!

June 12, 2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

japhy: CONGRATULATIONS! You and your bride-to-be are in my prayers.

Geometricus and Ray: Can I be your groupie? LOL!

Adoro: You were missed. Who knows what Terry was wearing? Could've been an old bathrobe...Calvin Klein of course.

Angela: See what you'd have to look forward to if you MOVED here?

June 12, 2007 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page