May 10, 2007

....You Just Might Get It.

"I, so far as I can sense the pattern of my mind, write of the wish that comes true, for some reason a terrifying concept, at least to my imagination. . " James M. Cain, Preface to The Butterfly

During Lent I read the Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. Thanks to the Lord revealing his Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary and her superiors keeping her journal (despite her desire that it be destroyed), we have the Sacred Heart Devotion that we know today.

St. Margaret Mary's life was not, what I would call, easy. If I may be so bold, I would say that St. Margaret Mary's relationship with the Lord is very close to that of a masochist with her demanding Lover.

St. Margaret Mary was continually asking for suffering-both physical and mental-in order to lessen herself and experience a taste of what the Lord suffers because of us. She rejoiced in being ridiculed and chastised. I can understand why she asked for these things but it's the apparent relish that she took in it that I find difficult to fathom.

St. Margaret Mary must have inspired me more then I realized. A few weeks ago, I told the Lord in prayer that if there was any way He could use me to spread His Truth would He condescend to do so, please.

He has delivered in droves lately.

It is, as Mr. Cain said, a terrifying thing to have a wish come true. Sounds strange does it not? A wish received can be terrifying?

I do not naturally crave public attention so it's scary for me when I get it. Yet, I am, strangely, compelled to push for it on behalf of that which is far greater than myself. Perhaps, it was somewhat similar for St. Margaret Mary.

What's the point of having a Catholic blog if you aren't in it to spread the Truth and glorify Him? If I'm in this blogging business for myself, then I have it all wrong. If I'm in this life for myself, then I have it all wrong.

It's easy at times to get a big head and rejoice that anyone reads MY blog. I have to consciously remind myself, it's not MY blog. It's HIS blog. It's not MY life, it's HIS. I am His. All that I have is His. All that I must do, should be for Him.

Maybe this is what my singlehood is all about? I have no one person on Earth pulling at my time. No religious order, no spouse, no family, no children. I can devote myself to Him more so then some who are not single and unattached.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

You are a good soul.

May 10, 2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger Richie D said...

God loves you and has you where you are because, right now, that's where He needs you to be to help Him build His Kingdom.

May 10, 2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

Keeping you in my prayers ...

May 11, 2007 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page