May 14, 2007

Serious Evil

Gentle Reader:

Back in my dissident days, I was a big fan of New Age practices. I practiced some of them. I had illusions of being this great, tuned-into nature, supernormal, Earth goddess.

About 15 years ago, I was spending the night at my then boyfriend's apartment (No, I was not there to discuss the architecture of Cesar Pelli.) and a horrifying event occurred.

I woke up at one point in the middle of the night to see this crone looking woman with long stringy brown/grey hair, and a disfigured face, sitting on the bed between me and my boyfriend. She pointed one of her gnarled fingers at me and laughed. She was wearing the exact same nightgown I had on.

At that point in my life, I did not acknowledge the reality that there is evil, living evil, around us. I, definitely, did not accept that there was such a thing as sin.

However, even I knew, then, that this visitation was bad. Something or someone was trying to tell me something. It scared me so much that I never forgot what that demon looked like. For I know now that is what it was. Did I leave my boyfriend's apartment and immediately reform my life? No. That was several years ahead of me yet.

Other events were happening at this same time. Objects would move in my bedroom. My bed would move. A deer head at my parents house flew off a wall and across the room one evening when I was visiting and asleep in that room. My bedroom would get so hot that the varnish would pour down the walls. I would hear footsteps outside my bedroom door at night. I thought nothing of this and thought this was all proof of my great paranormal power.

These manifestations occurred over a 3-year period.

It took me a while to make a connection but I realized not all that long ago that the occurances began when I started reading Tarot cards. I bought a deck and a how-to book and I would read them for myself nearly every night before I went to bed. I read them on my bed. The occurances stopped when I quit reading the Tarot.

I used to laugh at people said Tarot cards invite evil.

I'm not laughing now.

Friends, Tarot cards are serious evil. I"m so convinced of this that I refused to give a friend of mine a ride in my car a little while ago because she was carrying a deck in her bag.

I burned my Tarot deck and the "how-to" book in a backyard bonfire a while back. I had not used the deck for a while but I still had them in my house. I was afraid to just throw them out because some other unsuspecting person could get a hold of them.

My good friend, Adoro, and I were talking about evil last week and I remembered my experiences with Tarot and decided to blog about them. Adoro had an unforgettable post on Tarot last year. I highly recommend you read it.

18 Comments:

Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Wow, what a powerful story Cathy. I am so happy you have been delivered from such evil. You have truly experienced the powers of darkness firsthand. I pray you never see such things again! God bless you.

May 14, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Sanctus Belle: I have sensed malevolent presences on occasion since then but I've never again seen anything or been hit so aggressively and obviously. Which is not to say I'm off the hook, or that any of us are. Evil is always around us and trying to get us.

May 14, 2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

What freaky experiences! I'm almost amazed you did not recognize the demonic in those events, given the number of movies out there that have similar events always with regard to evil. Such is the deceptive power of evil; it "romances" us to the degree we do not recognize that we have shut out God and embraced the darkness. It is blindness.

I actually came across some old New Agey neclaces with what I think are demonic signs on them, and I took them outside and smashed them with a hammer.

It's weird, but my house feels "cleaner" now. I know I have other artifacts around, and as I find them, I will make them go away.

Cathy, I'm going to repost my Tarot story, and I'll edit to link to yours. This is such a serious topic, in a world that ignores or simply disbelieves in the demonic.

I'm not sure if changing the time/date will affect your link or not.

May 14, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Winnipeg Catholic said...

OK, I've had a few strange experiences too so i don't disbelieve you but I have a question, why would a demon benefit in 'scaring you straight'?

May 14, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

WC ~ The demon DOESN'T benefit..that wasn't his goal. He was simply manifesting.

But that manifestation was allowed by God, and through his grace, Cathy experienced the beginning of conversion as it relates to her experience of the occult.

God allows the demonic to manifest, although normally they, just as our own angels, are hidden from us. But he has a purpose and we see part of that purpose lived out here as she has described this experience, risking ridicule, for the benefit of the souls of others.

I actually had a simlar experience, except that it was a wolf that leapt out between my bf and I.

May 14, 2007 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this.

May 14, 2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Well, well, well! I was into Tarot, palmistry, Alister Crowley, etc. It is evil.

I was about 22 years old, shortly after my conversion, I didn't drive and was waaiting for a bus to go Downtown St. Paul to attend the first Mass at the Assumption - the bus arrived, and suddenly a huge black dog appeared, snarling, trying to keep me from boarding the bus, when I stepped forwrd to enter the bus, he disappeared.

Before my conversion I had a bathroom that I had wallpapered the walls with a French Tarot Card fabric. I was way into it.

May 14, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Some powerful testimony here, thanks all.

Adoro: I think as long as you don't change the URL at all I'm fine.

Winnipeg Catholic: I don't think demons always bother to try and hide. I think it's that sometimes we are more receptive to them (in my case via Tarot) and then we actually see them. I believe they are always around. Just like I believe the Trinity, the Virgin Mary, my Guardian Angel and my Saints are around all the time too.

I think the demons sensed then that I would not care enough to repent and reform my life and they were correct. I think they thought I was totally theirs and, in a way, I was.

May 14, 2007 7:41 PM  
Blogger Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

Right on target Cathy!

Almost every time I have had to bless a house due to 'strange stuff' it was because someone in the family or a previous resident had been messing around with this junk.

May 14, 2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger Anita Moore said...

Thank you for posting this, especially in an age when priests are quoting New Age junk from the pulpit. Here's my expose on Marianne Williamson, homily fodder a few weeks ago at my parish. This stuff is not the product of harmless cranks.

May 14, 2007 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Kevin said...

Thanks for posting on this. Little scares me more than demonic presence, and I could never imagine that Tarot cards were so potent, given the cheery treatment they are given in television shows and children's cartoons.

May 15, 2007 2:20 AM  
Blogger Winnipeg Catholic said...

I tend to wonder if some people have greater open-ness to spiritual things than others. This offers some protection to the often-agnostic spiritually dense sorts who tend to see everything as hogwash, and maybe they can use tarot cards with impunity, you know? Then the rest of us are lulled into thinking they are safe until a really spiritually-open sort of person uses them and actually channels a dangerous spirit. Take the story that inspired the Excorcist. Clearly many people use oiji (sp?) boards without becoming posessed. Maybe that little boy had a particular spiritual gift, in this case misused. Just thinking out loud.

May 15, 2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Winnipeg Catholic said...

I left a note to this affect on Adoro's post also. Charles Manson is up for Parole in a few weeks! I posted a couple of youtubes of him on my blog. Might want to say some protection prayers before viewing. He really is, IMHO, hypnotic and slimy. And he's got this 'harmless old cooky bum' thing he's trying to pass off.

May 15, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Winnipeg Catholic said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 15, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger elena maria vidal said...

Thanks for this. I have a cousin I am trying to get away from the tarot cards.

May 16, 2007 7:04 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Winnipeg Catholic: I get what you are saying. However, I think even the "spritually dense" are channeling more evil then they realize using these cards or other occult items like the ouija board.

My question is: Why would someone who is "spiritually dense" use Tarot in the first place? Only seekers use Tarot which is part of their insidiousness. They'd do better to seek via the Sacraments and the Mass rather then seeking something via the Tarot. I don't think Tarot users are spiritually dense.

Charles Manson scares me. I don't even want to see his face, nor do I want to give him more of the publicity he craves.

May 16, 2007 10:58 AM  
Anonymous USXPAT said...

Cathy, I was best friends with Mark Foster and Greg. We are working on a documentry on Mark's life and demise. I am NOT a part of any cult. I want to know more about what you know of Mark and Greg. maxdeals@live.com

Thankyou

November 20, 2009 8:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

USXPAT: I don't know either one of them.

November 20, 2009 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page