May 26, 2007

Memorial Weekend

I will be offline until Tuesday, May 29th. I'll be in the Spicer, Minnesota area with some friends. We will be remembering our dearly departed loved one, Kathy, who died just before Christmas last year. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I blogged about her during that difficult time.

In the U.S., Monday is Memorial Day which is a great day to take the time off that many of us get from work, to perform an act of mercy and pray for the dead. It's usually a time to decorate or visit gravesites. Because I'll be out of town on Monday, I made my trip to Fort Snelling National Cemetary yesterday evening to lay flowers on the grave of my mother and brother. I also prayed for them and for the deceased around them.

Have a good and safe weekend! Remember, to dress reverently on Pentecost Sunday, WHEREVER you are! Even though I'm away from home and staying at a resort, I'm packing my dress clothes! If you see any Sashers, pray for them.

Because I'll be away, comment moderation is enabled.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Eternal Rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

May their souls, and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

May 26, 2007 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page