May 25, 2007

Congratulations to Our New Priests!

Tomorrow, May 26th at 10 a.m., 8 men will be ordained to the Holy Priesthood by Archbishop Harry Flynn at the Cathedral of St. Paul.

You can read their inspiring stories in the May 24th issue of the Catholic Spirit.

I have a special affinity for Deacon John Floeder who will be among those ordained tomorrow. I met him at Holy Trinity during my Confirmation process this year. I was so nervous the evening of my Confirmation that I had to make a trip to the ladies room 4 times before the Easter Vigil started. On my last trip, I saw the Rev. Mr. Floeder near the baptismal font. I'm not sure who looked more like they were trying harder to remember everything me or him! Ha-ha! At that point, I thought if HE can look nervous, what am I afraid of? I don't have to sing the Exsultet. LOL!

I pray that you keep that great smile soon-to-be Father Floeder and that you use it often in your service to Christ. God Bless You.

Please pray for all of our priests both new and old.

2 Comments:

Blogger cichx002 said...

Cathy
We attended Fr. Floeder's first Mass. Beautiful! And he did a great job chanting and praying the Latin High Mass. We were fortunate to meet him and receive his blessing.
Jack

May 29, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Dr. Cich: That's excellent to hear! I may have been there if I weren't out of town. Fr. Floeder is, I believe, praying the Mass this weekend at Holy Trinity and St. Augustine. If I can, I may try and pop down for one of those.

May 29, 2007 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page