May 25, 2007

Beware Scandalmongers and Gossiphounds

In the last couple of weeks, I have received via my blog email several missives of dubious repute from Anonymous or people with really creative and obvious aliases.

I don't mind the sincerely questioning emails that I get from blog readers. Nor, do I mind the folks who email to chat because they think we have something in common.

However, I want to go on the record right now by saying that this blog will not be a bulletin board for half-truths, manufactured scandals, fictions or outright lies about individuals, groups or institutions.

I try to use my blog for educational purposes and amusement. I'm frequently short on either due to my occasional incoherence and inability to be witty. I apologize for my numerous shortcomings.

I'm not going to post anything that is not legit. As a librarian, be aware that I know how to do my own research into what you send me. So, those of you who have your personal agenda (I'm talking to both "trads" and "progs") get your own blog, go to someone else, or, better yet, meditate upon the 10 Commandments. To my fellow bloggers: I, sincerely, advise you to use caution and think carefully about what you want your blog to be before you post.

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cathy - That alien conference thing in NYC is the real thing! I'll admit the photo was not really Adoro and Ray however.

I just can't win with you.

May 25, 2007 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry, are you spreading lies about me? I'm offended. I don't think you love me anymore. Is it because I LIKE Gaudium et spes? That's it, isn't it?

Cathy, you're getting missives from anon people NOT in connection with certain parody blogs?

I can't help but be curious...(you know me, I'm nozzzzy)

~ Adoro

May 25, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Adoro - I love you to pieces - I also love the documents from VII - especially Guadium et Spes.

May 25, 2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Hey, Adoro!

What about me? I thought Terry's picture of you and me was great! We're not a number anymore?

May 25, 2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Well, Ray, I'm a little upset that my cover was blown. That picture was taken when I was undercover (deep, deep undercover) and now Terry outed me. I might have to go into the witness protection program now.

You might be in danger, too. I suggest being veeerrrry careful.

May 25, 2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Meanwhile, my casual readers are completely baffled... This WAS a serious post. With friends like these who needs Sashers? I should stick to writing controversial posts on what people aren't wearing. :-)

The above exchange is sponsored by Terry Nelson. Check it out on Abbey-Roads blog (link is in my sidebar)

This is a great soap opera-hey, Adoro! Ray is slighted, Adoro is outed, Terry is laughing his ____off. Who needs clowns?

May 25, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page