May 07, 2007

Back in the Paper Again

Hey, it's me. Janice Lynn Catherine LaDuke a.k.a. Cathy_of_Alex. I'm in the Pioneer Press again this morning. David Hanners interviewed me last week about Coadjutor Archbishop John Nienstedt. Ray has the full text.

Let me be clear that I said that SOME Catholics hope the Coadjutor Archbishop will really crack down on dissenters. I did not say that I hope that is the case. We could really use some strong Catachesis around here first. I also said that we have nothing to base our opinions upon Archbishop Nienstedt except his public record. He has not done anything here yet.

IMHO, Father Michael Tegeder, of St. Edwards in Bloomington did not distinguish himself by his nearly hysterical comments in this piece. Think he's worried?

I also think the article tried a little too hard to make us fear the new Archbishop. If the worst they can come up with is that he actually lives the Creed and follows the Magisterium, hey, I'm all for that!

If you are new to my blog you may want to read my very first post

If you are new to our local, vibrant, Catholic blogosphere, check out the fine blogs in my sidebar under "Support Your Local Blog"

Be nice to me, today is my 39th birthday!!!! ARRGH! Really, it is 39. Lying is a sin. Quit laughing, Ray! We'll discuss your age later.

14 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Congratulations on your publicity!

And a big happy, happy birthday to you! (Seriously - I so thought you were in your very early 30's and would have believed you if you told me you were just turning 30.)

Anyway - Joey and I want to wish you a very happy day! (If you published our profile pics you would get the Joey thing I think.)

May 07, 2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Our Word said...

Happy birthday, whatever your name is! :-)

Mitchell

May 07, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Richie D said...

Many years of health and happiness and a deepening relationship with our Lord.

Peace

May 07, 2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Dan Lacey said...

Happy Birthday!

May 07, 2007 10:49 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks all!

Terry, I'm not sure who you met, but I am frequently mistaken for an 18-year old, not a woman in my 30s!

(If you believe that, I have buildible land NW of Homestead, Florida to sell you. Lots of water and wildlife)

May 07, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Paul, just this guy, you know? said...

Life begins at forty, so you only have one more year to go!

Happy birthday!

May 07, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Happy Birthday!

May 07, 2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Winnipeg Catholic said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm a species of dissenter that does not mind being admonished by an orthodox archibishop at all.

I mind name calling by uncharitable sorts towards others, and I mind totaly relativistic disregard for the magisterium too. And I'll continue to argue the points that I think are right as dictated by reason and conscience.

But if one is gleefully rubbing their hands together looking forward to a 'crackdown' as you indicate some folks you know are, well I'm not sure that's a good thing either.

All the Best, -B

May 07, 2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

Happy birthday, fellow Cathy!

May 07, 2007 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Georgette said...

A happy birthday filled with God's wonderful blessings to you, dear Cathy! Congrats on the plug in the paper again, too! Woot!!

love and prayers,
Georgette

May 07, 2007 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have your autograph, now that you're on the approved list for journalists? Now you're famous.

~ Adoro

May 07, 2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks all!

Winnipeg Catholic: I agree.

Adoro: Aw, shucks. I don't do anything to get these stories. They come to me. Really. Must be the money that I gave 'em is payin' off! Tee-hee. In any case, its not about fame or infamy, its about standing up and speaking out for His Truth.

May 07, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger elena maria vidal said...

Happy Birthday, Cathy! May God reward you for speaking out!

May 07, 2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Birthday!

I remember I was 39 for quite a long time!

May 11, 2007 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page