May 21, 2007

Another "MeMe" Meme

Adoro tagged me for a meme:

1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?

"World Peace, Mr. Parks."

Persuade a dissident Roman Catholic that they may be wrong by using my prior experiences and what I learned as examples of what not to do or believe about Our Faith.

2. Are you a spiritual person?

I equate this question with the folks who never go to church but claim to be "spiritual". However, yes, I would say I'm spiritual.

3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?

Drinking Water
Box of Matches
Radio

4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?


I have so many, I can't pick just one. Probably, any of them with my late brother. I would say spending the summers with my Grandparents and my brother at my Grandparents lake home provided most of my favorite childhood memories.

5. Are these your first (tagging) memes?

No.

8 random facts.

1. I'm an exceptional hunting spotter.
2. I have to flee the urban jungle about once/month. My ideal living situation would probably be a Unabomber like cabin. All the books I want to read with a supply of water and food and I'm good to go.
3. I biked almost 1000 miles in each of the last two summers.
4. I have a caustic wit. If you've been reading my blog for a while you may have figured this out already, but I'm even worse in person.
5. I'm a very early riser. 4:00 a.m.
6. If I'm having a party, I invite far too many people-in Regency England a "crush". I hate to exclude anyone so I tend to invite everyone.
7. I'm WILD for dancing. This is a family trait. I can get into a lot of trouble, but I can't help myself once the music starts.
8. I surround myself with people that challenge me.

I'm breaking the rules! I'm not going to tag 8 people so sue me! If you want to do this meme, you should! Once a rebel, still a rebel.

10 Comments:

Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!


Oh...uh...wait...

*blush*

OK, seriously, you have to check out this blog:

http://spiritofvatican2.blogspot.com/

This is the one I linked your name to on my Soap Opera post. And yes, it's a parody. :-)

May 21, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I thought in fulfillment of this meme that you might have let loose with a few tips as to where your hunting and fishing "hot spots" are.

Sigh!

May 21, 2007 5:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: You dreamer!

May 21, 2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

#4,#5,#7 means we would have so much fun together - I have to do more of #3 to get in shape for #7 though. #6 works for me, then I can disapear without being missed. Yeah, I've been known to duck out of my own parties.

I can't hunt though - I would keep thinking I was killing some animal's family member. So shoot me instead.

May 21, 2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Richie D said...

Ray-- "ask and you shall receive"
be like the wronged widow in the Parable asking for justice from the evil judge. wear Cathy down. It's only a matter of time.

Peace & Persistance

May 21, 2007 10:48 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Richie D: You have NO idea how stubborn I am AND protective of my secret gathering spots!

May 22, 2007 5:30 AM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I know a church or two where they might appreciate your dancing. I used to be an early riser, then I had kids...I try to get as much of the little sleep I'm afforded! And, my father-in-law is a dedicated hunter/fisherman. Always is out hunting or fishing. He could use your help, though. Never manages to get a deer even though they come through his yard and eat his plants :)
BTW: Just completed this meme myself, my first. Thanks, Ray.

May 22, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

swissmiss: I know a church or two that likes my dancing too! :-)

May 22, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

** trying to picture Cathy in a tutu...or a formal dance costume...or tights with either... ***


I'm sorry. I'm just not seeing it. I keep getting an image like the one in Terry's blog from a few days ago. I can't see you there at all.

Not saying you're not a good dancer, but I just can't see with the tutu in the way!

May 22, 2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: Fear not, I don't DO tutu!

May 23, 2007 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page