May 15, 2007

All About MEme

Both Sanctus Belle and Angela tagged me for this meme. Sanctus Belle was more direct, Angela just said if you have a vowel in your blog name you are tagged. I checked, and I think I do!

All About MEme

(the story of my blog!)

1. Male or Female: female last time I checked

2. Married or Single (or religious): single, but I pray that I'm religious!

3. Dream vacation: Rome and Vatican City.

4. Birthplace: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America.

5. Area I live in currently: South Como neighborhood of St. Paul, Minnesota, United States of America.

6. Someone you wish you could meet: blog buddies I have not met yet and the Holy Father. Better include Jesus and God in here too, eh?

7. Biggest "pet-peeve": hand-holding during the Our Father, people that take the last of the coffee at work and don't make more.

8. Favorite Religious devotion: Sacred Heart

9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): St. Augustine.
LOL! No, really, it's St. Catherine of Alexandria though St. Augustine is great. So, all you Augie fans, don't flame me, o.k.?

10. Favorite sport that you play: Eating.
I am fairly athletic but I don't play a sport regularly. Unless, my bowling and volleyball teams at work count? If so, there it is. I prefer volleyball over bowling.

11. Favorite food: Ice Cream-big time! Anything starchy: rice, pasta, potatoes.

12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: Either, as long as they are reverent and there is no modification to the appropriate missal.

13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school: I would send my kids to a Magisterium faithful Catholic school if I had kids and there was an acceptable Catholic school nearby. If not, I'd probably home school.

14. How many kids do you have: 2 cats, 1 Dad. Hey, don't laugh, parents are tough to raise these days!

15.Ever been in an auto accident: Yes. 3 of them. All 3 of them caused by me, I'm sorry to say.

16.Ever seen a Pope in person: No

17.Languages that you know fluently: I'm not sure I can say that I know English fluently! There is so MUCH to know. We have such a rich language. I have studied: French, Spanish, Japanese and Anishinabeg though I would not call myself fluent in any of them. I'm, currently, studying Latin and revisiting my French and Anishinabeg.

18.Last movie you saw in theatres: Into Great Silence

19.Favorite Blog: Not going there.

20.Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus:
Easter Bunny: Sure tastes good in the crockpot!
Barney: No wonder our society suffers from collective stupidity. Barney makes Big Bird look like a rocket scientist.
Santa Claus: I can't even think of Santa without thinking of a shopping mall and a skinny man in a poorly fitting fake beard. Now, Krampus, is cool or, rather, hot! LOL!

I tag: Terry from the Abbey, Adoro, Winnipeg Catholic, Richie D and Histor the Wise.
If you want to post your answers in the comments, that's fine.

6 Comments:

Blogger Richie D said...

thank you for the tag (I think) and by your courtesy as our Hostess:

1 Male or Female: Male, with an Alan Alda/Woody Allen sensitive side

2. Married or Single (or religious): single and religious trying, by His grace, to end a history of hot/cold spirituality

3. Dream vacation: May 24 to June 2: I will be in Rome on Pilgrimage

4. Birthplace: Holy Cross Hospital, Chicago, Illinois

5. Area I live in currently: NW suburbs of Chicago

6. Someone you wish you could meet: Karol Woytyla as a parish priest

7. Biggest "pet-peeve": a famous person referred to as a former “seminarian” when he only attended a prep high school (ie, Martin Scorcese); older folks praying the Rosary DURING MASS, people reading the bulletin during the Homily

8. Favorite Religious devotion: Divine Mercy, but it’s the first one I’ve done since grade school.

9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): St. Maximillian Kolbe. He followed the Lord’s teaching about laying down one’s life.

10. Favorite sport that you play: Walking. It’s not as much fun in the suburbs as it is in the city. Once a year, I walk from downtown Chicago along the lakefront to meet friends at Wrigley Field (although I am a White Sox fan, I go to Wrigley once a year—a baseball pilgrimage)

11. Favorite food: Pizza in mass quantities. White Castle cheeseburgers. Portillo’s Italian beef loaded with hot peppers.

12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: I prefer the Mass in the vernacular (am I reading the wrong blogs ?? I like it here so much!!) but Latin hymns during Adoration and special occasions are beautiful

13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school: Catholic school with strong home taught Catechism

14. How many kids do you have: three (me, myself and I) I hate picking up after those other two

15.Ever been in an auto accident: Yes. Twice. No one got hurt.

16.Ever seen a Pope in person: Yes. In October 1979, John Paul II celebrated Mass in Polish at Five Holy Martyr’s Parish in Chicago. I received a ticket from DePaul University and my parents received tickets from our parish. The Cross installed for him is still there.

17.Languages that you know fluently: I can read and speak Polish, but my grammar is bad. (only living things are male and female; man-made objects should always have nuetral articles)

18.Last movie you saw in theatres: The Namesake

19.Favorite Blog: Cathy _ of_ Alex and The Roving Medievalist

20.Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus:

Easter Bunny: My Mother has a picture of me as a three -year old, wearing a John John Kennedy coat and matching shorts with the Easter Bunny. I keep meaning to make that picture disappear.
Barney: should inspire parents to turn off television until their children are old enough to read and understand Shakespeare
Santa Claus: I call him St. Nicholas and celebrate his feast on December 6th

May 15, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Richie D: Great list! You sound like a true Chicagoan-especially with that food list!

May 15, 2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Praying the rosary during Mass must be a regional thing. I don't believe that I have ever seen anybody do that.

I probably didn't pay attention to adults much though when I was a kid. Many of us kids had our "Marian Missals."

May 15, 2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I did the meme on Abbey-Roads1 - I think you will like it...

May 15, 2007 8:23 PM  
Blogger Histor the Wise said...

I'm not blogging until June...so I'll post here.

1. Male or Female: male, just ask my sister.
2. Married or Single (or religious): single;
3. Dream Vacation: The whole Atlantic Seaboard, with Revolutionary and Civil War visits...
4. Birth Place: Michigan - my parents don't want me being too specific.
5. Area I live in currently: Ellis County, TX, just south of the Dallas County border.
6. Someone you wish you could meet: G. K. Chesterton (I am *going* to meet God - period!)
7. Biggest pet-peeve: bad grammar, spelling, or logic; romantic songs.
8. Favorite Religious Devotion: the Saint Anthony prayer!
9. Favorite Saint: St. Thomas Aquinas.
10. Favorite sport: Life, my friends, is sport enough.
11. Favorite Food: I'll make this a meal - steak, baked potatos, soft gooey brownies, ice cream with all the fixings, with a side of coffee.
12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: Novus Ordo.
13. Home School or Public School: homeschooled.
14. How many kids do you have: too young for kids.
15. Ever been in an auto accident: No, but not through lack of trying!
16. Ever seen a Pope in person: no, to my regret.
17. Languages that you know fluently: English, and I can say "where's the bathroom?" in Spanish, which is what matters.
18. Last movie you saw in theatres: Into Great Silence.
19. Favorite Blog: Catholic and Enjoying It, by Mark Shea.
20. Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus:
Barney - cute purple dinosaur. Those four words contain the Latin number 666.
Easter Bunny: I think he is a monster.
Santa Claus: He defeated the Martians, and brought me a BB gun in my youth. Hooray for him!

May 15, 2007 11:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Classic Histor, right there! Not blogging until June, why?

I see Adoro did something, I'll have to go check that out! Y'all should too.

Terry's is really funny as well!

May 16, 2007 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page