April 16, 2007

Watch Out for Bicyclists!

Ah Spring! Nice weather, get the bike out, almost get hit by a car....

Yes, every early Spring, drivers forget to watch for bicyclists and it can be pretty treacherous out there.

A driver turned right against the light and almost hit me tonight. I saw him in the nick of time and stopped but I was unable to click both feet out of my pedals and went down. My right calf is really cut up from the back of my pedal scraping it. I want to take the opportunity to publicly thank my Guardian Angel because it could have been a lot worse.

I'm not one of those cyclists that crosses on red and runs lights either.

Of course, now I may have more leg scars to add to my collection. I already have 2 on my left leg from bike accidents. We'll see. Maybe I need a calf tattoo of my Angel?

My buddy called me to see if I made it home ok, because he was there when the accident happened. "I bet you took your bike to the shop BEFORE you went home" I hate it when people talk like they know me! Yes, I went to Erik's Bike Shop first, bleeding all over the place. Hey, my bike costs more than my car! Plus, I can't stand not to have access to my bike. Yes, Mom. (if she were here) Poor excuses. What can I say? You can become an adult but you can't fully remove the teenager from the adult.

Be CAREFUL out there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

I'm glad you are OK!

April 16, 2007 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page