April 20, 2007

Requiscat In Pace Monsignor Schuler

Monsignor Richard J. Schuler of this Archdiocese died early this morning. He'd been in poor health for some time now.

I was never privileged to meet Monsignor but it doesn't matter. Monsignor was much more then his office or the man.

Each time I attend or hear a Traditional Catholic Mass featuring the music of the Catholic ages, I thank Monsignor for keeping it alive.

Each time I attend a parish where the importance of Confession is emphasized, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I hear the hard Truths of Our Faith during a Homily, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I attend a Mass that is celebrated ad orientem I thank Monsignor.

Each time I receive Communion kneeling at an altar rail, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I attend a parish that was not renovated after Vatican II, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I hear Latin in the Mass, I thank Monsignor.

Almost every good priest in this Archdiocese learned, studied, or was influenced by Monsignor. Each time I hear our local Seminaries are growing, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I attend a Mass that is celebrated with dignity and reverence, I thank Monsignor.

Each time I go to my parish and see the Tabernacle in full view I thank Monsignor. Parish legend at St. Andrew is that after Vatican II, our Tabernacle was hidden away. Monsignor came for a visit and in the words of one old-timer: "threw a fit". The Tabernacle was restored to a place of visible honor in the church where it remains today.

Reserve your pews for his funeral Mass now. It will be standing room only.

God Bless You, Monsignor Schuler, and Thank You.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ma Beck said...

God bless him.
The Catholic Church was blessed to have such a man.

April 20, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Ma Beck said...

P.S.
What a beautiful tribute.
Thank you.

April 20, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger cichx002 said...

Thanks for the lovely tribute. We who knew the man, the priest ---n every sense of the word---have been blessed.
Jack Cich
St Agnes Parishioner

April 20, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

One of your best posts, Cathy!

April 21, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I wish I would have known him, he sounds wonderful. This was such a nice tribute!

April 24, 2007 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page