April 03, 2007

Cathy's Dream

Last night I had the strangest dream....

I was in a field with a big group of Catholic bloggers. I'm not sure, but it looked like the Como Park soccer field

There was a tent set up for Catholic etiquette. The Carolina Cannonball and Elena Maria Vidal were the hostesses in this tent.

There was a liturgical banner creation tent but it burned down. Fr. Richsteig was the last person seen in the vicinity. It may have been nice to have Adoro's firefighting skills handy but she could not be found.

Terry was explaining to the horrified Hadleybloggers why disco never died.

Ray from MN broke his Rosary (again!) and the lady at Leaflet Missal who used to fix it quit so he was on the ground weeping with sorrow.

A woman in a burqa walked up to me: "SHHHHH....I'm the Ironic Catholic"

Angela Messenger was walking around with soap suds stuck to her chin.

Christine Schult kept trying to give me bottles of Breck Boy shampoo.

Fr. Z was standing around holding a jug of moonshine. His fans were pestering him and asking if the motu proprio had been released. Father just kept muttering: "Bugatti...Ferrari...Bugatti...Ferrari"

Fr. Finigan decided to organize a "stretch of the legs" which ended up being a hundred mile hike through the Sleeping Beauty forest and up the cliffs by the river. He came back having lost everyone with him. Smoking a cig he said: "I don't know my sheep and they don't know me" I think that was supposed to explain why he lost everyone but then he vanished.

Somehow, we all ended up back at my house. Happy Catholic was cooking.

Adoro ran in: "I have seen the breadcrust!"

Huh?

The end.

18 Comments:

Blogger Our Word said...

Disco not dead?

Burn, baby, burn...

April 03, 2007 1:09 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Was I washing Breck Boy's hair? He actually makes me think of Barbie's boyfriend Ken - with the plastic helmet hair.

April 03, 2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I laughed and laughed and laughed! Very, very funny Cath.

"Burn baby burn! Disco inferno!" Oh! Those were the days!

April 03, 2007 6:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: I suppose it's possible. Hey, maybe that's you in that You Tube clip fixing Mr. Edwards' hair?

Terry: Good, you could use a good laugh.

April 03, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 03, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Cathy, drinking during Holy Week?

Delightful!

I don't think Father Z would be caught dead with moonshine, though. Nothing but Champagne, Le Grande Chartreuse or maybe Absinthe for him, I do believe

And I do need to find me an unbreakable rosary.

April 03, 2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

Fantastic! You know I was had a chocolate cheesecake in the oven for dessert, right? :-D

April 04, 2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Carolina Cannonball said...

holy moly... me in a tent about ettiquette.. Catholic ettiquette no less. Poor poor souls.

April 04, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger elena maria vidal said...

A very funny dream, very funny.

April 04, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

LOL! Julie: Yum.

April 04, 2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Hey, I commented earlier, but it's not there...and it's not the deleted one. I'm offended. Blogger doesn't like me.


I asked if Happy Catholic was cooking the breadcrust?

April 04, 2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: I like you!

April 05, 2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"Fr. Z was standing around holding a jug of moonshine. His fans were pestering him and asking if the motu proprio had been released. Father just kept muttering: 'Bugatti...Ferrari...Bugatti...Ferrari'"

So this was the last thing I read before going to sleep last night. I had a dream that I was in the Dukes of Hazzard universe and Uncle Jesse owned a liquor store. Cooter was the former owner and was determined to get back into the business. I didn't see Father Z however. A dream about a blog about a dream. Bizarre.

April 06, 2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

http://i9.tinypic.com/333h9hu.jpg

April 06, 2007 6:59 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 06, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Excellent post!
Breck shampoo! lol

April 06, 2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

Speaking of Breck boy...

(click here)

April 09, 2007 5:05 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Vincenzo: LMAO! I thought I drank a lot of coffee! Ha-ha-ha!

April 09, 2007 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page