April 24, 2007

Bone Pastor

My intentions for my hour of Eucharistic Adoration this evening:

I pray that the just released announcement of His Excellency, John Neinstedt, as Coadjutor for the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis, just before Good Shepherd Sunday is a good sign.

I pray that he is a Shepherd of wisdom, orthodoxy, charity and strength. I also pray he has a really good sense of humor, else he go mad dealing with some of the, er, stuff, around here.

I pray for our brothers and sisters of the Diocese of New Ulm who will need a new Bishop now that Bishop Neinstedt is coming here. I continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in the Diocese of Winona who also await a new Shepherd.

I pray for the repose of the soul of Monsignor Richard J. Schuler, whose Funeral Mass is this evening.

I pray that men will be inspired to enter our seminary based upon this wonderful quote by the Rector of St. John Vianney in St. Paul, MN:

"[..]A person [good candidate for the priesthood] has the kind of basic human maturity and emotional and psychological balance to be what we call a spiritual father, that is, the Church not only does not ordain women, it doesn't ordain boys. You have to become a man before becoming a priest. Part of that quality of becoming a spiritual father means you no longer live for yourself and for your own interest and pleasure, but you begin to have an outward concern for others and see yourself called to a life of generosity and sacrifice."

--Fr. William Baer, Interview with The Catholic Servant (Barb Ernster), April 2007.

I'm neck deep in Germania! I pray that is also a good sign! Ha-ha-ha!

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."

--John 10: 27 - 30

1 Comments:

Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Beautiful post and sentiments expressed. I join my prayers with your intentions.

From what I understand, our new Bishop will take a different tack in addressing the issues of our Archdiocese.

God bless and keep him, I'm sure he knows what he is stepping into, as well as the prayerful support that he will have.

April 24, 2007 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page