March 01, 2007

Well, Now That My Evening Plans Have Changed...

Popcorn, Bass Ale and You'll Like My Mother

You'll Like My Mother has a snowstorm, a psycho, murder, and it's filmed in Duluth's Glensheen Mansion, incidentally, a property that is now maintained by the U of MN.

I feel like maybe I went to the play after all...

The Glensheen Mansion is not to be missed. It's a fantastic house and property overlooking Lake Superior. Where were you on June 27, 1977? Minnesotans, know what I mean? Ray from MN will know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

I'm not sure what the deal was, but to get to see the "word verification" I had to close down all my Firefox windows and start again from scratch.

Do I have your permission to make my justifiable homicide amendments?


One of the cooler attributes of the Glensheen Mansion is that it was the site of a particularly gory murder of the last owner, Elizabeth Congdon, probably by her son-in-law, at the behest of her adopted daughter, "more money, and NOW" being the motive.

Very long and messy story. Why it never got made into a movie, I sure don't know.

I do know which room Elizabeth was murdered in, but I'm sworn to secrecy and I'd have to kill you if I told you.

One of the great things about the Congdon mansion, Glensheen, built by an old mining company lawyer on the shore of Lake Superior is that it is still very livable. If you can afford servants, that is.

It probably would be a full time job just maintaining the place, and as my Dad always said when driving by it, "I sure wouldn't want to pay the heating bill on that place."

March 01, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: You and I can talk. I know which room it was too!

March 02, 2007 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page