March 20, 2007

New Blog in Town

Ray of Stella Borealis and Gerald at Cafeteria is Closed blogs report that the Twin Cities has a new blog in town. Michael Bayly, the leader of the Catholic Pastoral Commission on Sexual Minorities (CPCSM), has recently started a blog .

Most of you are probably aware that CPCSM is not exactly an orthodox outfit. I have met Mr. Bayly in my past life. He's not a bad man, just misguided.

I recommend that Catholic bloggers mosey on over there and comment, in charity and with reason, to what he has to say. It may be really tempting to flame him. However, no one is going to be reached with the Truth through anger and judgement.

You may not be able to persuade Mr. Bayly (Then, again, who knows? Look at me!), but, perhaps someone reading his blog will be.

I already commented on one of his posts about the New Ways Ministry Symposium. Comment moderation is enabled so it remains to be seen how much is actually posted. However, Lily, from Gerald's blog was just ahead of me and her comment (calm!) was posted.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Cathy - why do many dissenters and dissenting parishes getting so much press from Minnesota?? Only thing I can think is Satan is battling hard here because we have so much adoration in our fair state. We so many good orthodox parishes that get virtually no press but the kooks we hear about all the time. Now we've got the queen of gay CINO's in Minnesota! Arrrrgh...giving us a bad rap.

Lord, please save us from those who would break down your perfect, holy apostolic church. St Charles Borromeo, champion of orthodoxy and defender of the faith, pray for us!

March 21, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Sanctus Belle: Stay tuned because I'm about to post about that. I don't have THE answer but, as usual, I have an opinion.

God Bless.

March 21, 2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the heads up, Cathy. It looks like he's fine posting critical yet respectful comments. My comment went up soon after I submitted it, at it was a little long.

March 21, 2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

I see it, Dan. Nicely done!

March 21, 2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Well, I read this post and left a respectful comment and he did not post it. I also see on his last post the comments are closed. Of course a blogger can do as they wish...we must pray for him, the dissenting sisters of CSJ. Being in love with your sins makes you blind...

March 22, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

sanctus belle: That is unfortunate. However, I suspect he's getting tired. Also, it does not appear that he wants to engage us. It, also, appears that he has no readers willing to step up and "help" him. He is in my prayers.

March 22, 2007 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page