March 22, 2007

Go Panthers!

The Cass Lake (MN) men's Class A basketball team (29-1) won their game against Lester Prairie yesterday 46-43. Martin Wind (2 free throws with 7 seconds left!) and Brady Fairbanks (20 points!) really did an outstanding job.

Cass Lake plays Barnum (24-4) in the semi-finals at 2:00 p.m. tomorrow at the Target Center in Minneapolis.

I probably don't have to tell you, but for a town with fewer then 800 residents it's a huge deal to come to the Big City, represent your community, and do well.

I wonder how many kids are in school in Cass Lake this week?

My Dad, Mr. Mayor, is very proud.

Update: Cass Lake defeated Barnum 61-48 but lost to Ellsworth on Saturday by only one point! 74-73. Good job, men! Get 'em next year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

As part of the new mayor's election campaign platform did he promise perks to the basketball team?

I don't know that Cass Lake has ever achieved such success before your Dad became Mayor. I hope there hasn't been any untoward skulduggery going on like letting them drive 10 miles over the speed limit or something like having open bottles of Jolt or Red Bull in the front seats of their cars.

March 22, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Silly, the Panthers have gone to state before. Usually for basketball though it has been a while.

March 22, 2007 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Dad is mayor of Cass Lake? My good friend is a doctor up at the health center and loves living there. It is beautiful in that part of MN. I spent time in Red Lake working in the hospital there and have great memories of the people and land there.

BTW (in response to your comment to me regarding your blog about HealthOne) I think what you and your fellow Catholic bloggers do is a very important mission for the Church. I get alot of inspiration and edification by reading the blogs. Thank You and God bless you!!!

Judy M.

March 23, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Judy: Yep, my Pop is the Mayor!

March 23, 2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page