March 23, 2007

Cathy without Coffee



I enjoy fresh ground coffee in the a.m. Well, this morning, the coffee grinder would not grind. The blades would not move. There goes the FIFTH coffee grinder I've owned in the last 6 years.

When I was a kid, my parents took the family toaster to the small engine repair shop for years every time it broke down. Now, there are hardly any small engine repair shops because stuff is so cheap it's not worth the repair bill. Just toss it out and go buy a new one.

When you buy cheap, poorly made goods made by underpaid workers in some foreign land this is what happens. Landfill: Mr. Coffee is on his way!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

I do hope you'll be stopping off for a cup of coffee before the retreat tomorrow morning.

I bought a window fan in the 70s that lasted 25 years or so. I replaced it with a much nicer fan that lasted maybe 8 or 10 years.

March 23, 2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Nope. I actually don't have to have it right when I get up. You have more to fear if they don't have any at the retreat.

You've been warned...

March 23, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Paul Anthony Melanson said...

And I thought that was a portrait of Anita Hill.....what was I thinking.

Keep up the good work here!

March 24, 2007 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page