March 03, 2007

About Last Night...

My review of The Pope and the Witch is here

In the meantime, here were some other events of the evening before the play that you may enjoy hearing about.

I planned, yesterday, to go to Adoration, Benediction and Mass of the Sacred Heart at St. Agnes. Wouldn't you know: no Adoration or Benediction because of the weather said the sign on the Chapel door. Oh well, I went in and prayed a Rosary anyway. I was not the only one in there.

I had time to run home and eat dinner before I headed over to the West Bank. My stomach was flip-flopping like crazy. I parked my car in the ramp near Rarig Center. I parked next to a car load of 4 young guys who looked like students. We all walked out of the ramp together.

Drifting on the wind on this snowy evening, I thought I heard "O Sanctissima". Huh? I rounded the corner and there's a whole big crowd of 70-80 people in front of Rarig. Mostly men. 2 of them in surplices and holding a banner: "Men of Christ", with the insignia of St. John Vianney, the college seminary at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul.

I finally noticeed that the 4 young men who parked next to me had pullovers with the word Vianney on their right sleeves. We all moved in to support the crowd. They were really well organized. They had laminated sheets with the words to their hymns. They were reciting the Sorrowful Mysteries and alternating with hymns: "O Sanctissima", "Immaculate Mary" I was so overcome I can't still can't remember what else. It doesn't matter. The future of our priesthood was there and well represented. Men of Christ, indeed.

I was thrilled to see Ray from MN of Stella Borealis blog there.

I hated to go inside.

Tonight, I will be out there again. 7:15 at Rarig Center. Be there. I think Adoro te Devote and Ray will be there, as well as more Vianney men.

Praised Be Jesus Christ!

In the restroom before the show (you hear the best stuff in the loo!), I overheard a older lady in a dyed red fur jacket (Terry, you would have hated it! It was ugly.) saying: "It's bad enough those folks outside are praying for me!" You betcha, lady! I still am, so take that!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Praise God, indeed! I was so overjoyed to read that it wasn't some unruly, angry crowd protesting but the men of our seminary praying and singing praise to God. I'm going to go find an email at SJV and say thank you!

March 03, 2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I left a quick voicemail at Fr. Baer's office to pass on a "thank you" to the men praying at the play for their strong public witness for our Lord and his Church. It'd be great if others could do the same, or email:

Fr. William Baer, Rector-President - 651-962-6825
sjv@stthomas.edu

March 03, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Dan: Fine idea. The people are gathering for tonight. Please come down if you can: 7:00-7:15ish in front of Rarig.

March 03, 2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

My wife OKed it. I'm there!

March 03, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Dan: Great! I have a blue down coat and blue hat with blue gloves.

March 03, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger 好文 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 06, 2010 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page