February 06, 2007

Pope and the Witch Update

Just when the University of Minnesota Theatre Department thought (prayed, maybe) that I'd forgotten all about them...Ha-Ha! Wrong.

For those joining us late, if you type "pope and the witch" in the upper left hand corner search box and click on "Search this Blog" you can read all my former writings about this "P.O.S.T*".

The "P.O.S.T.*" will be performed at the University of Minnesota's Rarig Center, Stoll Thrust Theatre, 330 21st Ave S (West Bank) Minneapolis beginning on March 1st. Tickets are $8-$12 depending upon your U of MN status. I paid $12.

Yes, you read right. I will be there on opening night: March 1st at 7:30 p.m. It is a general admission event. I plan to pray my Rosary during the entire "P.O.S.T.*"

It goes until 10:00 p.m. I can do all the Mysteries and then some!

Of course, I will blog about my experience. I'm sure its going to be horrible. I'm not sure what possessed me. The desire to witness? The ability to answer the naysayer who will counter with the inevitable whine: "How do you know it's so bad, you weren't there"?

I'll be there.

Here's the performance schedule:

PERFORMANCES

3.1 at 7:30pm
3.2 at 8pm
3.3 at 8pm
3.4 at 2pm
3.7 at 7:30pm
3.8 at 7:30pm
3.9 at 8pm
Opening Night Post-Show Reception: Thursday, March 1st
ASL Interpreted: Saturday, March 3rd

I think it would be hilarious if the only people in the audience are praying Catholics! Maybe, I'll have to have a dream about that!

*P.O.S.T. = Pile Of Steaming Turd

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

thanks for keeping us updated on this play Cathy!

February 06, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Geometricus said...

You sure got guts Cathy, the kind that got ripped out by lions in the Colliseum!

May the Lord protect you from all harm, and may you bring light and peace into the darkness of the hearts and minds of those attending this abomination.

I quit teaching math at that University 3 or 4 years ago because of the wicked embryonic stem-cell research they do there. I could not be a part of an institution which does that kind of "Twilight Zone" stuff: "let's rip open the young to lengthen the lives of the old."

February 06, 2007 11:28 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Thanks for the post, Cathy!

Did they mention the "forum" they promised.

I was planning on standing out front with my Rosary. I'll see you there.

If there is a second performance [GR], maybe I'll attend that one.

February 07, 2007 8:03 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: I have yet to see anything on the promised forum for discussion.
I think the play will make at least the weekend solely on controversy. After that? iffy.

Geometricus: Thanks, I think. Ha-ha! Here's my plan for the collisium (probably Ridder or Mariucci in this case!) run and say: "Nice kitty" I think quitting the U because of their research was also a gutsy move, oshkaabewis

February 07, 2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Kathy - you've got guts. When I'm confronted with outright blasphemy such as this play I usually want to hurl. I suppose this is my lack of guts showing. I'll pray for you. You are very brave.

February 07, 2007 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page